Upgrade Positive And Negative Cables

spalkin

Hi; I recently read a post about changing out the short cables, both positive and negative, from the battery. I actually did this on my 88 CRX and it made the whole electrical system healthier. The post reccomends replacing these wires with 4 guage quality automotive wire used in car stereo installation. You can buy it by the foot and get it in colors. I'm going to do this on my 95 ES, and as I did on the Honda, also buy gold plated terminal connectors from a good car audio place. From what I've heard and experienced, this could be a great thing for these cars. Reinforcing the ground would be most beneficial for a car as electrical as this one. My lights don't seem very bright and they flicker when I hit the brakes. That means ground. The grounds for the headlights, engine and chassis. They all have to be solid, stable and clean. I will definately clean and protect those grounds along with the other work and I'll re-post.

I am not sure are you asking how to do it or if it is any good, or jus thtat you are informing everyone you are doing it.

It is a good thing to do . I have done it one my civic and my 94 ES changing the battery chasiss ground ,positive to the starter and a few other grounds. It worked great ,but i still have a crappy alternator not producing enoguh juice.