Radio "text" Scroller

I previously owned 2004 RX 330. Purchased RX 350 about 10 months ago. Noticed "Text" scroll not working as it did in 2004 model. Two differences: 1)2008 model requires you to continually push the text button to scroll, 2)scroll displays random information, sometimes a word in the song title, sometimes the artists first or last name but most of the time it goes backward to the song that played previously and picks up a word or two. Dealer admits this is not working like a scroll text should work. Supposedly the dealer checked five brand new RX 350's on the lot and all are working exactly as mine. Been working with Lexus area rep for months now and what I get is "The radio is working like it is supposed to work. It is a design problem." However, Lexus is not doing anything to change the design and simply repeats "There is nothing we can do, the radio is working like it is designed to work". In reading this forum, I see noone else who reports this problem. Am I being fed a line of bull or do any of you RX 350 owners experience the same problem? Also was told by the area rep that if enough people complain, they may look into changing the design. What a way to run a company!

I previously owned 2004 RX 330. Purchased RX 350 about 10 months ago. Noticed "Text" scroll not working as it did in 2004 model. Two differences: 1)2008 model requires you to continually push the text button to scroll, 2)scroll displays random information, sometimes a word in the song title, sometimes the artists first or last name but most of the time it goes backward to the song that played previously and picks up a word or two. Dealer admits this is not working like a scroll text should work. Supposedly the dealer checked five brand new RX 350's on the lot and all are working exactly as mine. Been working with Lexus area rep for months now and what I get is "The radio is working like it is supposed to work. It is a design problem." However, Lexus is not doing anything to change the design and simply repeats "There is nothing we can do, the radio is working like it is designed to work". In reading this forum, I see noone else who reports this problem. Am I being fed a line of bull or do any of you RX 350 owners experience the same problem? Also was told by the area rep that if enough people complain, they may look into changing the design. What a way to run a company!

It's not you! This is the same company line that Lexus appears to give all owners who have a legitimate complaint, yet Lexus does not have a solution for. See my comments in my post on the problems with the Voice Recognition for the NAV and Bluetooth. It is truly disappointing that a company (Toyota) with such a large customer base, is treating the "upscale" division customers with such disdain.

Yes there are differences, but the differences are more added functions that I don't think were available on the 2004. The display only shows 10 characters, unfortunately 2 less than the 2004 model, and if there is more text press the TEXT button until it beeps. This is somewhat similar to the 2004 model for the cd player where you had to do the same thing. Not sure about the radio.

As for title, artist name, channel name, and channel number, those I believe are the added functions. See page 186 in your owners manual. The display info changes each time you press TEXT. This added feature is probably whats causing some confusion since its tied into one button, that is used by the radio and cd player.

Personally, I don't understand why there isn't an auto scroll feature in the radio. I have this Sirius satellite plug and play unit that I paid $50 for and it has autoscroll, and I believe the autoscroll is a function of the radio unit not the satellite service.