Scratches On Wood Trim - How To Remove?

Just bought a pre-owned 05 ES330 - Silver/Black, so has the darker interior wood (whatver they call that color that goes with the black interior)

Has some scratches on the wood trim around the gear-shift knob, presumably from keys or coffee cups or something. Has anyone had any particular luck with polishing or buffing such scratches out? Just wanted to check before I try to buff out.

I'd be interested in this info as well just in case I need it down the road.....the wood we have in our interiors btw boston I think is called Burled Walnut. ;) The lighter shade of wood with the beige interior is Maple.

:cheers:

scratch-x works good on plastic materials. . not really for wood

whatever you plan to use is only going to fill in the scratches, it's not a permanent fix. when the polish wears out, you will see the scratches again. you might be able to find the wood trim at a junkyard for replacement.

The wood inside the car is coated in a urethane clear coat. The scratches are in the clearcoat, not the wood.

If the ScratchX removes the scratches it will be perminant. ScratchX is a micro-abrasive polish and it will smooth down the edges of the scratches making them less or completely unnoticable. Because of the urethane clear coat its just like polishing the paint on the car.

You would be correct if he were using a glaze to fill scratches in (like Pledge), but if he uses a micro-abrasive polish like ScratchX (or any plastic polish like Novus) it will remove the scratches assuming they're not too deep.

I've been detailing cars for over 10 years and have used ScratchX and products like it to successfully remove micro-scratching from interior wood many times.

The wood inside the car is coated in a urethane clear coat. The scratches are in the clearcoat, not the wood.

If the ScratchX removes the scratches it will be perminant. ScratchX is a micro-abrasive polish and it will smooth down the edges of the scratches making them less or completely unnoticable. Because of the urethane clear coat its just like polishing the paint on the car.

You would be correct if he were using a glaze to fill scratches in (like Pledge), but if he uses a micro-abrasive polish like ScratchX (or any plastic polish like Novus) it will remove the scratches assuming they're not too deep.

I've been detailing cars for over 10 years and have used ScratchX and products like it to successfully remove micro-scratching from interior wood many times.

Yeah, the scratches are pretty superficial, just in the urethane clear coat, not down to the wood (is it really real wood? - I guess Lexus says it is so it shoudl be). So that does make sense that any clearcoat scratch remover should help like Meguiar's scratch X or similar. I'll give it a try. thanks