Toyota Atf T Type Iv Or Mobil 1

arnelli

I just can't imagine a 1992 model w/20K miles on it.

Anyway, someone had posted an ATF chart here a few months back. It will tell you what ATF to use. If you really want something a little more high end, try Amsoil or Redline. They are expanisve, but the tranny shifts a bit smoother and the ATF can last a lot longer under normal driving. I use it because I am just too lazy to do maintenance at home these days.

thanks homemechanic. I got the car from someone with so many cars he forgot he has an ES300. This was just left in his garage.So I decided to get it and give it some care and attention it needs. after all it's a very good car. saw the pics?

I'd consider Amsoil Synthetic ATF (compatible with both Dexron & Toyota type IV fluids). More info here...

http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/atf.aspx

It's fanstastic stuff (especially in extreme cold weather) & I will be putting it in my 2005 ES this spring. :) Also had it in my previous 2001 ES.

:cheers:

There is no best. You need to figure out what works best for YOU. For me, been using Amsoil ATF since 1996 in all my cars. First run I would not go over like 20 to 25K miles then go longer.

If you are buying Amsoil, but it before 3-1-2008. Read there is another price hike...again..

thanks. sadly amsoil is not available here in manila philippines. But since it is the most recommended brand here and in other forums re atf, I will try to have some quarts shipped here. Thanks again

I was one that was anti-Amsoil at one time. Amsoil WILL outform Toyo fluid along with Mobil. It is well worth the price in my eyes. I have used it for too long along with UOA. Anyone that drain fluid every 15K is guessing and wrong. They have no idea.

Install it and wait 25,000 miles and be happy with a 2X FOS or a high MTBF!