Is-f Test Drive At Moroso Speedway

Well, I just got back from the test drive at Moroso Speedway, and DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, I thought it would be like maybe 60-80mph paced lap, but they let you in and run wide open for a couple of laps!!! I hit the corners hard, accelerated wide open to 120-130 in the straights, full drift in the corners, I could not beleive it!!!! It was with the VDIM on in sport mode? But WOW!!!! The V-8 sounds awsome, it's actually surprising how much you can hear when you really jump on it, and the tranny and shift paddles are excellent. I think the car has held up to everything I have read about it. Even downshifting hard, the motor just revved seemlessly as the tranny never missed an input or skipped a beat.

My first laps were in the IS 350, and even those were paced to the limit of the tires. The 350 handled nice, and in full auto mode did it's job very well. After that I moved right into the IS-F and did 2 laps. The first lap for me was getting to know the brakes and feeling the car out some, the second lap, I poured it on, and hammered it. The IS-F handled it very well. I think my only issue is that the "one size fits all" suspension should be stiffer and not let the nose dive so far when you really get on the brakes, which makes the tail end a little fishy going into the hard turns quick. But as a few of the guys,( I will let them remain anonimous) will tell, you can spin the car out with a little to much throttle and sliding off the track and missing a corner entrance was very possible!!!

I have pictures I will load up a little later.

An IS 300 race car they had doin laps there:

post-42851-1200794897_thumb.jpg post-42851-1200794913_thumb.jpg post-42851-1200794931_thumb.jpg

A 200o GT they also had there on display

post-42851-1200794962_thumb.jpgpost-42851-1200794981_thumb.jpg post-42851-1200795004_thumb.jpg

And here are some more pics:

post-42851-1200795041_thumb.jpgpost-42851-1200795063_thumb.jpgpost-42851-1200795328_thumb.jpg post-42851-1200795312_thumb.jpg post-42851-1200795296_thumb.jpg post-42851-1200795282_thumb.jpgpost-42851-1200795267_thumb.jpg

I heard them say that Lexus might be doing this a few more times across the country. So maybe you'll have another chance.

btw, in the second picture, that's me in the black shirt and jeans getting into the white ISF for my test laps, and thats Just IS with me going to the passenger side.

so did you race the is300 race car they had in your car??

That "racecar" IS 300 only put down about 230 hp. So I'm not really sure how that would llok. They had the orange race car soing prep laps and then put the ISF out there as well I think just for show.

One of the LExus event guys and I were talking and when I mentioned my IS 300 pulls harder than the IS-F, he was very doubtful. So I went and warmed it up, drove to the paddock and picked him up, then we went to an open strip and I let him feel the turbo,( on low boost), his reaction was Yeah, this car pulls way harder, so when I turned around I switched to high boost. As I hit about 90 mph, a big grin showed up on his face, and he said Wow. This car pulls really hard! So I dropped him off and parked the car, ran the motor to cool the turbo, Which takes a good 5-7 minutes. So about as I was getting out he brought a few other guys out and they oo'd and aw'd a little. I showed them the car, and what the club guys are doing with the cars, JUST IS, SICK LEX, BLU LEX, WRINGO, and the SC's that were there from the local clubs. They got their photographer guy over there for corperate Lexus and had him take a bunch of pictures of our cars. They said that Lexus likes seeing what we do with the cars, and that everyone turbo charging and supercharging the IS300's was one of the motivating factors behind developing the ISF.

so it wasn't a racecar..... it was disg"racecar" LOL

Smooth, Again, You are a great attribute to the loc forums. Reads/looks like you had a great day@ the track. Your participation/influence on the lexus team is outstanding :cheers: B) Super Congrats...

LOL!!! "Disg-race car" that's a good one. I'll have to remember that for the next appropriately timed comeback swat!!

I think it's limited by the class they run in. He said they were 2 time season champions, with a 4 race winning streak. So, I guess not bad. ( It would have been funny watching my IS300 do faster laps though!! But maybe not, as they were running comp. brakes, and tires, and the suspension was set up way better for the corners. High horsepower doesn't allways equal a fast car.

Smooth, Again, You are a great attribute to the loc forums. Reads/looks like you had a great day@ the track. Your participation/influence on the lexus team is outstanding :cheers: B) Super Congrats...

Thanks DC. and Steve. Glad I could add to the forums.

LOL!!! "Disg-race car" that's a good one. I'll have to remember that for the next appropriately timed comeback swat!!

I think it's limited by the class they run in. He said they were 2 time season champions, with a 4 race winning streak. So, I guess not bad. ( It would have been funny watching my IS300 do faster laps though!! But maybe not, as they were running comp. brakes, and tires, and the suspension was set up way better for the corners. High horsepower doesn't allways equal a fast car.

Brother

Wait, This isn't the word thread LOL!!! :cheers::lol::lol::lol:

But I have to give the big props and a huge thank you out th Bartkat for the heads up and the quick jump on the registration. If it wasn't for him, I may have found out to late and not been able to register for this awsome event.

So:

Thank You Barkat. :)

so did you race the is300 race car they had in your car??

That "racecar" IS 300 only put down about 230 hp. So I'm not really sure how that would llok. They had the orange race car soing prep laps and then put the ISF out there as well I think just for show.

One of the LExus event guys and I were talking and when I mentioned my IS 300 pulls harder than the IS-F, he was very doubtful. So I went and warmed it up, drove to the paddock and picked him up, then we went to an open strip and I let him feel the turbo,( on low boost), his reaction was Yeah, this car pulls way harder, so when I turned around I switched to high boost. As I hit about 90 mph, a big grin showed up on his face, and he said Wow. This car pulls really hard! So I dropped him off and parked the car, ran the motor to cool the turbo, Which takes a good 5-7 minutes. So about as I was getting out he brought a few other guys out and they oo'd and aw'd a little. I showed them the car, and what the club guys are doing with the cars, JUST IS, SICK LEX, BLU LEX, WRINGO, and the SC's that were there from the local clubs. They got their photographer guy over there for corperate Lexus and had him take a bunch of pictures of our cars. They said that Lexus likes seeing what we do with the cars, and that everyone turbo charging and supercharging the IS300's was one of the motivating factors behind developing the ISF.

Ha, I love it. Smooth1 you are indeed, (and rightfully so) the resident gearhead. Great post man :cheers: