2006 Gs 300 Replacement Tires

Need to replace orginal Dunlop tires on our 2006 GS 300. Originals are 225/50 R17 94W Dunlop SP Sport 2050.

We don't need anything special. This is mostly a commute car. Want to get standard all weather tires that might be quiet and last long. Costco has Michelins and BF Goodrich that fit. Thank you for any recommendations.

• 4 months later...

I am also looking to replace my original Yokos (non RF/GS300 RWD) with a new set. I have 23k on them and the noise is terrible. I am thinking of the Michelin Pilot MXV4 or the Michelin Pilot Primacy. Anyone have any experience or recommendation on these two tires?

If the tires will not see snow at any time, seriously look into the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. Totally awesome tires.

If they will see snow, the consider the Goodyear Eagle F1 All-season radial.

Usually, you can't go wrong with Michelin either. The Primacy tire is very quiet as is the Pilot Sport A/S. The Pilot Sport may have a better traction advantage. As a matter of fact, 18" Pilots are going on my GS within the next couple of weeks.

steviej

I am also looking to replace my original Yokos (non RF/GS300 RWD) with a new set. I have 23k on them and the noise is terrible. I am thinking of the Michelin Pilot MXV4 or the Michelin Pilot Primacy. Anyone have any experience or recommendation on these two tires?

Hi there...after putting 100K on 2 sets of Goodyears, I let my tire guy sell me the Michelin Exalto A/s's...said he went to all these Michelin seminars and they wer the "up & coming" tire in their entire lineup! I was totally dissapointed with them as they were loud & very hard ride. I gave them a 3-4 month chance to settle in...but it never happened. I mentioned it to the guy 2-3 times giving him the opportunity to "bite" and make me a happier camper.. (He also tires up my 928 and Expedition...so its not like I don't give him some business)...and I work right across the street from him!!

Well....I was complaining about them all over town and it finally got back to him and he called me and wanted to try again....this time the Primacy MXV4's...what a world of difference....those Exaltos were NOT the tire for the GS300!! That car is ALL ABOUT comfort & quietness! Stay away from the Exalto's!

Hi there...after putting 100K on 2 sets of Goodyears, I let my tire guy sell me the Michelin Exalto A/s's...said he went to all these Michelin seminars and they wer the "up & coming" tire in their entire lineup! I was totally dissapointed with them as they were loud & very hard ride. I gave them a 3-4 month chance to settle in...but it never happened. I mentioned it to the guy 2-3 times giving him the opportunity to "bite" and make me a happier camper.. (He also tires up my 928 and Expedition...so its not like I don't give him some business)...and I work right across the street from him!!

Well....I was complaining about them all over town and it finally got back to him and he called me and wanted to try again....this time the Primacy MXV4's...what a world of difference....those Exaltos were NOT the tire for the GS300!! That car is ALL ABOUT comfort & quietness! Stay away from the Exalto's!

Interesting, I found the Exalto's to be superb on my ES200, especially in the winter light snow, rain and dry pavement.

I just replaced my tires with Michelin - Pilot® Sport A/S. What a nice quiet, comfortable smooth ride. Road grip is much better now. I originally had Yokohama ADVAN and they were really loud and noisy. I got 4 x Michelin - Pilot® Sport A/S installed from costco for $760 + Tax.

Take a look at Goodyear's Eagle Response Edge. An all weather tire that has great ride characteristics. Check the reviews out on Tire Rack or Discount Tire. I have them on my 07 GS350 which replaced the crappy Yoko Advans, and absolutely love them. Smooth, really quite, excellent traction wet or dry.

Need to replace orginal Dunlop tires on our 2006 GS 300. Originals are 225/50 R17 94W Dunlop SP Sport 2050.

We don't need anything special. This is mostly a commute car. Want to get standard all weather tires that might be quiet and last long. Costco has Michelins and BF Goodrich that fit. Thank you for any recommendations.

Just bought replacements for my 06 Gs300 i went with Sumitomo HTR+ all season 225/50zr17....also trying the non runflats this time...saved alot of money..these tires i order from tirerack.com at the price of $98 bucks apiece :D need the rest of the money for gas :angry: