03 Es300 Aftermarket Radio Install

lexus7782

Thanks to this thread I had no problem installing a Kenwood DDX714 into my wifes 2006 Lexus ES330. I used the exact components (except I purchased the 06' version of the double din Mark Levinson faceplate).

With the full 7" screen with the buttons at the bottom of the DDX unit, I think it almost looks factory. I'll have to post a few pictures of the install in the car.

Thanks Silentvigalante786 !!!!!

Thanks to this thread I had no problem installing a Kenwood DDX714 into my wifes 2006 Lexus ES330. I used the exact components (except I purchased the 06' version of the double din Mark Levinson faceplate).

With the full 7" screen with the buttons at the bottom of the DDX unit, I think it almost looks factory. I'll have to post a few pictures of the install in the car.

Thanks Silentvigalante786 !!!!!

what is the part number for 2006 version face plate? just out of curiosity

• 4 months later...

I just installed Pioneer Avic-D3 in my 2002 ES300 and everything looks factory but the only problem I had is that installer told me that there is NO DIMMER WIRE ON Metra TYTO-01 is that true??? Now when I turn headlights at night my screen still stays bright what to do?????? thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I am about to embark on this mission.

I'm adding GPS and possibly a backup camera to my '04 ES330. Any tips on where to mount the backup camera would be helpful. Also pictures are extremely helpful. Thanks in advance and thanks OP for all the information and part numbers used.

I am about to embark on this mission.

I'm adding GPS and possibly a backup camera to my '04 ES330. Any tips on where to mount the backup camera would be helpful. Also pictures are extremely helpful. Thanks in advance and thanks OP for all the information and part numbers used.

Hi and welcome,

I just traded my 05 ES 330 for a 2010. I had installed a backup camera on the 330 which simply attached to the license plate bracket and was then hard wired to a 4 inch led screen mounted anywhere you wanted. It provided for contrast, brightness, and distance markers adjustment. Price was about $350 installed. Very good resolution. The lens was very small. There are also wireless cameras available but I would strongly discourage their use. Too much problems with interference.

Paul

• 1 month later...

so im installing a navi in my 2003 es300 its been a biggggg project but its all coming along thanks to the guys who posted all the parts and numbers necss.

so my unit is a Alpine INA-W900BT All-In-One Navigation/Audio/Video System With Bluetooth.

and i also got a rear park camera which is Audiovox Car ACA200W License Plate Camera System

and i think i found a cheaper version of the wiring harness listed above? Metra 70-8113 Radio Wiring Harness for Toyota Amp Integration 20 Pin- cost- $12.72 looks exactly the same as the 1 above.

and i had to find the brackets to fill in the space on the sides-Metra 95-8202 Toyota DDIN Multi Dash Kit

and of course the faceplate from mylexparts.com!

so as soon as i recieve and install i will post an update and some pics! i really thank every1 that gave there input in this cuz i def needed it!!!! B)

• 4 weeks later...

hi, i just wondering to know if i want to do it by myself

how can i take it out all of these parts?

i have lexus es300 2001 which is exactly the same with the parts

and it has the original screen and navigation ecu

what i want to do is take it out the original screen

take it back to China for repair purpose and adding some extra feature

like bluetooth and win ce system which can allow me to play mp3, video

and the most important things is the new GPS program in the original screen

they garantee me not to change the original connection with the GPS...

but i have to take the head unit back to CHINA,

i just really interesting how can we take it out the head unit(screen)

i found that is prefectly installation, i cannot find out any screw infront

what is the proceedure

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2002 ES for my work car and wanted to play my iPod. I took the car to a local audio shop only to be told that to install any aftermarket unit, they would have to fill in all the holes on my dash face plate with something akin to bondo, cut new holes for the new stereo and then re-paint it. I didn't have a lot of confidence in that idea at the start, but when they said it would be a minimum of $500 just for that, I decided to do without iPod ability. I'm going to order the dash plate above, print out the directions and take it to a different store. Thanks for the info!

It's real easy guys! U take out the temperature controll right out because it's held with just clips! But first remove the ashtray! Then there's two screws right under the radio u have to look real close cuz if not u won't see it! Then it should pull out slowly! Remove the plugs and the whole head unit should come right off...! Any ?'s just ask. hope this helps

• 10 months later...

I just wanted to confirm with everyone that YOU CAN install a double din aftermarket radio/navigation unit into a 2004 Lexus ES330 using the face plate on the first page. I just completed doing it myself and it worked BEAUTIFULLY! I am really happy with the results. What you will need:

1) Lexus Double Din Face Plate (Part #: 5540533230)

--if you want, you can just use the brackets and screws that are currently holding in your standard radio as these will fit the double din as well..otherwise you will need to purchase those (listed in first post)

2) Wiring Harness: Metra TYTO-01

--this worked great with integrating into the factory amplified system you have..it does not list being compatible with Lexus but I can assure you it works in my car, as this is the part that Metra Technical support told me to use

3) Trim Piece: Metra 95-8202

--as mentioned earlier, there is about a 1/2 inch gap on each side of the aftermarket unit when placed in the Lexus Double Din Radio Faceplate....these trim pieces fill in these gaps REALLY well....they almost look factory. I also noticed about a millimeter gap between the top and bottom which I filled in with a piece of felt..(really minor gap...maybe not even noticeable)

That's all you need to fit in a aftermarket navigation unit or double din stereo into a 2004 Lexus ES330. I can say that I had it installed and have been LOVING it. I installed a Pioneer F90BT. One thing I must say is that after the install, my factory sound system sounds MUCH better for some reason with a lot stronger base, as well. I guess this could be attributed to the new unit. My unit came with integrated bluetooth and ipod so I have that in my car as well. In addition, I also added a rear view camera (Boyo VTL-420) that attached on my license plate.

It took me quite some time and a lot of phone calls to make sure all the parts would work (especially since most of them don't list Lexus compatibility), but I can tell you that the parts listed above DID work for me in my 2004 Lexus ES 330.

I will try to post some pictures to show you how it looks.

Hi there,

I would like to ask which wire should I connect to for the after market stereo Car Stereo Power Antenna Trigger Wire???

Thanks in advance

her are some helpful wire colors for head unit (thanks DEI)

02 lexus es300

12+ constant blue/yellow

12+ acc gray

ground brown

illumination + green

factory amp on pink/blue

all wires above found at factory head unit plug

left front spkr +pink -purple

right front spkr +light green -blue

left rear spkr +black -yellow

right rear spkr +red -white

all wires above found at factory amp (behind glovebox next to ECM)

VSS (speed sense) purple/white

found at ECM (behind glovebox next to factory amp)

Hi there,

I would like to ask, if I install the after market stereo my self by hard wiring method, so simply connect the corresponding wire as list above will do? so the factory amp (sub woofer & tweeter) will still work? and which wire I should connect to for the Car Stereo Power Antenna Trigger Wire of the after marker stereo unit??

Thanks a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

post-122774-0-44717500-1290201320_thumb.post-122774-0-66527800-1290201351_thumb.post-122774-0-71573200-1290201368_thumb.

thanks all for the help.

faceplate straight from Lexus Dealer $100

myto-01 wire harness $100 (watch out for install shops being on greed, 52 bucks online though)

kit $20

install $85 (it doesnt cost to 200 or 300 for install...

Nice summary...thankyou. I'm now looking to replace my 2005 ES 330 Lexus factory radio stereo to a Double DIN Pioneer AVIC Z130BT 7" nav/stereo system. I called up few local radio shops here in LA.

1. Al and Ed's auto shop was quoting $250 just for labor. Plus cost of kit. I mentioned that I can get the face plate and wire harness. They said that they will make their own kit and that would cost extra... :(

2. Pep boys quoted $140 for the labor, but I'm not sure if they are as knowledgeable and do a good job of making the installed nav unit look clean like a professional factory unit.

Any suggestions please?

Also wanted to ask one thing, what exactly is "kit $20" ? Is this the same as Trim piece Metra 95-8202 mentioned by "fatrixiiii" ?

thanks,

Kishore.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone looking at this thread Metra finally made a dash kit. They have wiring harnesses as well. I will Post a link to the site so you can get the product numbers. I would recommend just typing in the numbers and find the parts on Amazon or Sonicelectronics. They are much cheaper there than at a best buy or retail store. If the link doesn't work just go to Metraonline.com

Good Luck! Hope this helps

http://metraonline.com/vfg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...