03 Es300 Aftermarket Radio Install

lexus7782

I just picked up a 2003 ES300. My plan is to install a standard double din stereo/navigation system. Specifically a KENWOOD DDX6019 + KNA-G510 DVD NAVIGATION. I purchased a radio face plate for an 03 ES300 with navigation since its double din. I called Lexus and the part # is 5540533230. You want the one for the Mark Levinson stereo. The part is $111.00. (see picture below)

Second, the 2002 ES300 amp is in the passenger kick panel. Since the 2002 is very similiar to the 2003, I assume they kept it in the same location, although I haven't yet verified if this is true. (see attached pdf file) Does anyone have the pinouts for the 2003 ES300 radio and amp?

There are 7 speakers in the 2003 ES300. (1) 6.5 inch speaker in each door. (1) tweeter in each front door. (1) 8 inch free air sub in the rear deck.

Opening is: 7 13/16 x 3 15/16

Part # is: 5540533230

85k8u55.jpg

I also purchased the radio brackets and (10) bolts/screws. Parts numbers are:

Brackets:

(1) 8621133170

(1) 8621233170

Bolts:

(6) 9015350010

Screws:

(4) 9356855016

86onguo.jpg

2002_20amplifier_1_.pdf

Any update on how this went? I had a aux added to my wifes 04 ES330 for mp3 becuase no dash kits available for a new head unit. If the nav dash works that would be great.

I just picked up a 2003 ES300. My plan is to install a standard double din stereo/navigation system. Specifically a KENWOOD DDX6019 + KNA-G510 DVD NAVIGATION. I purchased a radio face plate for an 03 ES300 with navigation since its double din. I called Lexus and the part # is 5540533230. You want the one for the Mark Levinson stereo. The part is $111.00. (see picture below)

Second, the 2002 ES300 amp is in the passenger kick panel. Since the 2002 is very similiar to the 2003, I assume they kept it in the same location, although I haven't yet verified if this is true. (see attached pdf file) Does anyone have the pinouts for the 2003 ES300 radio and amp?

There are 7 speakers in the 2003 ES300. (1) 6.5 inch speaker in each door. (1) tweeter in each front door. (1) 8 inch free air sub in the rear deck.

85k8u55.jpg

Brackets:

(1) 8621133170

(1) 8621233170

Bolts:

(6) 9015350010

Screws:

(4) 9356855016

86onguo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yes with the radio face plate and brackets from Lexus you can mount any single din or double din stereo. The brackets mount to the radio face plate and the opening inbetween the brackets is the exact size for a single or double din stereo. If you just purchase the radio face plate, brackets, bolts, and screws from Lexus (part numbers above) and bring the parts to a radio installer they should be able to install any single or double din stereo for you with ease. If they can't then you didn't go to a good radio install store. Print out this page with the pictures if you need to. The only issue is there will be a 1/2 inch gap on both sides, but they make universal trim peices to cover this area and make it look clean.

What about the wiring harness? To my knowledge they don't make one. If you wired it directly do you have the wiring schematic?

Yes with the radio face plate and brackets from Lexus you can mount any single din or double din stereo. The brackets mount to the radio face plate and the opening inbetween the brackets is the exact size for a single or double din stereo. If you just purchase the radio face plate, brackets, bolts, and screws from Lexus (part numbers above) and bring the parts to a radio installer they should be able to install any single or double din stereo for you with ease. If they can't then you didn't go to a good radio install store. Print out this page with the pictures if you need to. The only issue is there will be a 1/2 inch gap on both sides, but they make universal trim peices to cover this area and make it look clean.

• 1 month later...
Not sure about this one, I'm going to have to call them and find out:

http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/donotcut.html#QCJBL-1

I'm interested in this answer also.

I bought all the pieces you mentioned above, took them to a local stereo shop,

and had it all assembled with my Avic-Z2. Looks great!

Unfortunately, the shop didn't have any suggestions for wiring it up other than hardwiring everything.

Unfortunately, the shop didn't have any suggestions for wiring it up other than hardwiring everything.

If you don't mind my asking, what was the total cost of all the parts. Thanks.

I paid $105 for the parts. I live in Las vegas and the local dealership sucks for pricing. I ordered the parts online from Superstition Springs Lexus. They are located in the Mesa, AZ area. They have an online parts request form, which I completed, and I was contacted almost immediately via email by a parts rep. Very good communication and excellent pricing.

I happened upon them when I ordered a cargo net for the trunk off of Ebay from a seller named SSLexus.

Here's a link to their parts ordering page:

SS Lexus parts order page

I paid $105 for the parts. I live in Las vegas and the local dealership sucks for pricing. I ordered the parts online from Superstition Springs Lexus. They are located in the Mesa, AZ area. They have an online parts request form, which I completed, and I was contacted almost immediately via email by a parts rep. Very good communication and excellent pricing.

I happened upon them when I ordered a cargo net for the trunk off of Ebay from a seller named SSLexus.

Here's a link to their parts ordering page:

SS Lexus parts order page

Great...thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I am installing a Avic this week in my 03 es300 I am also going to replace the speakers does anyone have the speaker diagram for the 03? Or does the 02 posted above match? Also any suggestions as to replacements for the factories that you have done? Thanks for the help

It requires a special bracket for the speakers to fit door panel bracket as the factory speakers already come with it. Besides that, I believe any 6 1/2 speakers would be a direct fit as far as wires are concerned. I am also looking forward to replace my deck unit, please let me know how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else tried this? Do you think a local store like Circuit City or Best Buy could handle the install of an Avic-Z2 and these parts? And finally can someone point out where to purchase the universal trim piece to fill in the gap? I have been looking at purchasing an ES330 and this has been one of my major hesitations. (Not being able to install an aftermarket Nav) So when I found this thread I was extremely happy. I just want to confirm this is all doable before buying a car. I live in Northern Ohio so any suggestions on where I can take this to have it installed would also be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Check out www.safewireless.com, they are a Parrot Rep and a distributor of Quick connect harnesses.

The JBL-1 harness will only work with factory radios! You will still need to splice into the speakers with this harness as it's not completely plug and play.

call or email Safewireless.com

408-888-3788

Man, I wish I'd found out about this forum ALOT sooner. I bought a 04 ES 330 last summer w/ 36k on it(have about 52K on it now, due to DC area driving). I almost gave up on aftermarket radios until I saw this post.

Now, I'm ready to go out and find me a nice radio to replace my factory piece. Love the 6 disc in-dash changer, but I'd rather have my Monitors again.

Who has a pic of a nice Aftermarket install w/ a 04 ES 330?

• 4 months later...

85k8u55.jpg

Brackets:

(1) 8621133170

(1) 8621233170

Bolts:

(6) 9015350010

Screws:

(4) 9356855016

86onguo.jpg

exactly what i've been looking for! please keep us posted!

• 2 weeks later...

In regards to a 2004 Lexus ES330 w/o Nav has anyone had success of replacing the standard radio w/ a double din after market CD/DVD/NAV Stereo?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I can not find any Dash Kits or Wiring Kits for this application from OEM manufacturers.

Has anyone else tried this? Do you think a local store like Circuit City or Best Buy could handle the install of an Avic-Z2 and these parts? And finally can someone point out where to purchase the universal trim piece to fill in the gap? I have been looking at purchasing an ES330 and this has been one of my major hesitations. (Not being able to install an aftermarket Nav) So when I found this thread I was extremely happy. I just want to confirm this is all doable before buying a car. I live in Northern Ohio so any suggestions on where I can take this to have it installed would also be appreciated.

I too have a 2004 Lexus ES330 and want to add an AVIC-Z2. Did you have any success? Did you find the aftermarket trim pieces? This could be the answer to my frustrations w/ my stock stereo. :cries:

Thank you lexus7782 for finding out all the parts needed w/ part #s to help us replace our factory radio face plates with a double din for possibly aftermarket stereos and navs. How did your installation finally turn out?

I myself have a 2004 Lexus ES330 and am hoping to replace my factory 6disc in-dash cd changer to a Pioneer Avic-F90BT. I called up lexus and they said the part listed on the first page should be the same double din/nav instrument panel for a 2004 ES330. I ordered that from www.mylexparts.com for about $83. I believe the brackets and screws that are already in my car now should be the same ones that will work with the double din/nav panel as that is what I was told by mylexparts.com. Hopefully that will be the case.

In regards to the wiring harness, I did some research into the harness listed on the first page and I am not sure if that will work. I called up a few companies selling that and they all specifically stated that it was meant to use with Parrot Bluetooth devices and are not simply stereo wiring harness. After a lot of research and phone calls, the ONLY wiring harness I could find is the Metra TYTO-01.

http://www.metraonline.com/products.aspx?s=tyto-01

This is a wiring harness specifically meant for higher end toyota vehicles with JBL sound systems and is meant to work WITH your factory amp. Though Lexus compatibility is not stated on the website, I was assured on multiple occasions by METRA tech support that it has been tested and will work with a 2004 Lexus ES330. I am ordering one and we shall see.

The last missing piece is the universal trim piece. I am not sure how much gap there will be as I have not received all my parts yet, but I believe many of these aftermarket navs come with accessory trim pieces to use for these scenarios. Otherwise, my installer might have to custom make something.

So it looks like I have all or am in the process of aquiring all the necessary parts and I will post pictures and feedback within the next couple weeks on whether it worked for me or not. If someone has already tried installing aftermarket navs in any ES 300-ES330s we would all greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions on how you did it. Also, if someone sees any mistakes in my setup....please let me know :). Thanks.

I basically had the same thing done for my 2002 ES300:

dm%2002%20ES300%20106.jpg

I had it glassed to fit a good head unit since I wanted it to look 'factory'. It was then painted (along with the bezel for the climate control to match). I don't know how good it would look if you used a kit inside the levinson faceplate to accomodate a single din head, but as long as there aren't any gaps, a double-din might look pretty good.

good luck with that.

P.S. JML Audio in St Louis did the work. They have more pictures of my car showing some of the other things that have been done. They aren't cheap but they do excellent work... Highly recommended!

JML Audio Website

Looking real good dlmax63.....I hope the aftermarket nav will fit in the double din lexus faceplate and look as factory as that. Quick question...how was the wiring for your car? What kind of harness did you use or was everything hardwired?

I have ordered all my parts and will post pictures after everything gets, hopefully, installed.

By the way...about filling the gap...according to Crutchfield, this part should work: Metra 95-8202

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Ite...amp;i=120958202

I could be wrong, sorry, I'd email them with a part inquiry.

or call...

Carson toyota

Luis Salazar

Manager - Internet Sales

800-908-6968

or Darren Diller @ sewell

Sewell Parts Online at Sewellpartsonline.com

6421 Lemmon Avenue | 5100 Bryant Irvin Road

Dallas, TX 75209 | Fort Worth, TX 76132

Tel: 888.909.6633 | Fax: 214.276.1983

Email: lexusparts@sewell.com