Any One Use Armor All On Dash

How does it look? nice shine for the black interior?

Personally, I wouldn't use this stuff on my car. It attracts dust and creates a greasy haze on the inside of your windows when in the sun for a while. Having said the above, to be fair, I haven't used it in years and they might have improved it since then.

If you are asking about using it on the dash, the "shine" creates a glaring reflection on the windshield on a sunny day. The dash of a car is designed to have a dull surface finish for a reason. Personally, if I see a car in which someone has used any kind of slick "protectant", it appears cheap and is very unattractive. Interior materials in modern cars don't need protecting like in the old days.

I never use any armour all product.

Why is that? If you don't mind me asking.

If you are asking about using it on the dash, the "shine" creates a glaring reflection on the windshield on a sunny day. The dash of a car is designed to have a dull surface finish for a reason. Personally, if I see a car in which someone has used any kind of slick "protectant", it appears cheap and is very unattractive. Interior materials in modern cars don't need protecting like in the old days.

I agree 100%. For many years I never used any protectant on the dash for that very reason. I've tried a couple that I don't find offensive, 1Z Lederfpledge, and Ultima Interior Sealant. Both make the dash vinyl look uniform but leave the factory matte finish.

I use Premo, works great gives a kind of soft shine, but never have experienced any glare that usually results from armour all. best yet one treatment lasts for six months. I drove down a dirt road with all my windows down ( big mistake) and one dry microfiber towel and 5min wiping out the interior, it looked new even though last treatment was 4 months prior. also use it on my engine bay.

• 4 weeks later...

A little Armor All humor...

Years ago I thought I'd try some on my vinyl motorcycle saddle.

It went on fine, looked good, but I couldn't stay on it! I was sliding all over the place.

I called Armor All and spoke with a nice gal in Customer Service. I told her of my plight of sliding all over the saddle and could hardly stay on the bike in the twisties.

I was waiting for a response...nothing...still nothing. Finally she came back on the phone and she was giggling hysterically! She tried to ask some questions, but just couldn't get them out. She finally managed to ask for my phone number and said she'd call me back.

About a half hour later she called back, with controlled laughter. She apologized profusely and while again breaking into more giggling, she managed to tell me anything with ammonia in it would remove the product.

Sounded like a fun gal.

Whit

A little Armor All humor...

Years ago I thought I'd try some on my vinyl motorcycle saddle.

It went on fine, looked good, but I couldn't stay on it! I was sliding all over the place.

I called Armor All and spoke with a nice gal in Customer Service. I told her of my plight of sliding all over the saddle and could hardly stay on the bike in the twisties.

I was waiting for a response...nothing...still nothing. Finally she came back on the phone and she was giggling hysterically! She tried to ask some questions, but just couldn't get them out. She finally managed to ask for my phone number and said she'd call me back.

About a half hour later she called back, with controlled laughter. She apologized profusely and while again breaking into more giggling, she managed to tell me anything with ammonia in it would remove the product.

Sounded like a fun gal.

Whit

No armor for me and no shine either. Original matte finish suits me fine. Once a year I clean the dash with some warm water with a bit of soap and a damp soft lint free cloth and that's it. The rest of the time the wifey dusts it with her feather duster or some such thing. In the summer, if I can't find shade I park facing the sun and protect the dash with a reflective sun screen that fits the windshield perfectly. Keeps it cooler as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Armor All is thought of to be an inferior product to what's available on the market. If you have a shiny dash, you've used too much product and have not wiped enough of it off. It will only attract dust.

Try a Mothers or Meguiar's product, or even a simple microfiber cloth dusting weekly should take care of any problems.

• 3 months later...

I have a black GS (inside & out) - and I love the Meguiar's products. After a good wash - use the quick detail over the exterior and the car shines. The interior detail spray is great to as it leaves the natural matte look on the dash, the wood and radio/nav are clean, there is no greasy feel, and the dust is gone. Great products in my opinion. I admit I still use Armor All for my tires - and for the best shine just spray (mist) it on to the tires and leave it (don't wipe off)....and do the inside wheel well for a good look too.