Code 25

python

MY 92 IS THROWING A CODE 25 AND WHEN I LOOKED IT UP IT SAID FUEL RATIO LEAN MIXTURE.........ANY IDEAS HERE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

My car gave me the same code when the front oxygen sensors went bad. From what I learned here, when that happens they tell the car's computer the air/fuel mixture is too lean, when it is actually fine. That's probably why you are getting the code 25. I believe the car switches to the richest mixture it can then, which is what gives you much poorer fuel economy.

If the oxygen sensors are what is causing your problem, they are a pretty easy and inexpensive fix if you are a do it yourself maintenance kind of person. I bought universal Denso oxygen sensors off eBay for $50 total, cut the connectors off of the old ones and soldered them onto the new ones. Following the instructions listed in the service manual and www.lexls.com, I installed them in about 1 hour. They work great and I saved about $200 buying the universal ones and installing them myself.

you can pull your o2 sensors and run resistance checks on them to see if they are working fine, rather than spending the money when you might not need to. go to www.lexls.com and look for the tutorial on o2 sensors, it tells you what the resistance should be and how to measure it.

and the check engine light went off? thanks for the input i appreciate that

Yes, after a reset of the diagnostic system the light went off and never came back on. Funny thing was, the resistance of the old sensors was where is was supposed to be, so they appeared to be ok. But they weren't.

With the low cost of this fix I think it is worth trying even if it doesn't fix your problem. I imagine it will though.

and the check engine light went off? thanks for the input i appreciate that

Yes, after a reset of the diagnostic system the light went off and never came back on. Funny thing was, the resistance of the old sensors was where is was supposed to be, so they appeared to be ok. But they weren't.

With the low cost of this fix I think it is worth trying even if it doesn't fix your problem. I imagine it will though.

thanks guys, ill look into it, i have had to replace 2 of them so far and the check engine light acted the same way this time as the previous 2 times, came on and stayed on and then went off while driving