Marvels Mystery Oil

jcrome04

So my engine ticks as usual with LS400s. when its cold it seems like it ticks a lot more. It holds its oil fine. So I'm wondering sticky lifters? I got some of this marvels mystery oil stuff that you're supposed to put in the crankcase and it can loosen sticky lifters...Is this a good idea?? I was told to only run it for about 30min then get a fresh oil change. I haven't done it yet but was just wondering for some advice on the subject... good idea or not?? Thanks in advance!! :D

So my engine ticks as usual with LS400s. when its cold it seems like it ticks a lot more. It holds its oil fine. So I'm wondering sticky lifters? I got some of this marvels mystery oil stuff that you're supposed to put in the crankcase and it can loosen sticky lifters...Is this a good idea?? I was told to only run it for about 30min then get a fresh oil change. I haven't done it yet but was just wondering for some advice on the subject... good idea or not?? Thanks in advance!! :D

I wouldn't recommend it... that stuff is pretty much kerosene... seafoam would probably be better.

If you are not able to exchange it, use it on your gas as prescribed, there should be no problem with it.

I have a cousin that has used the stuff for decades with no problems. I just would not used it on the oil. If you want a good additive for nothing, use a quart of valvoline in every oil change, it is pretty detergent on your motor, or you can do an oil change with it, it will clean the inside of your engine. I would not recommend it to be used all the time this is because of the same reason. It will keep it too clean and give way to wear sooner than expected.

CPR

Just changing the oil viscosity to a thicker oil will help quite a bit as well, and then you don't have to be adding forign substances to your crankcase. What oil and what viscosity are you running now?

If you are not able to exchange it, use it on your gas as prescribed, there should be no problem with it.

I have a cousin that has used the stuff for decades with no problems. I just would not used it on the oil. If you want a good additive for nothing, use a quart of valvoline in every oil change, it is pretty detergent on your motor, or you can do an oil change with it, it will clean the inside of your engine. I would not recommend it to be used all the time this is because of the same reason. It will keep it too clean and give way to wear sooner than expected.

CPR

Are you kidding me here? Not gonna happen. You need a solvant to clean or a product made to clean. I like LC20 for cleaning in the engine oil. Which also haev many other benefits that I have yet to see in any product.

If seafoam doesn't work and heavier viscosity oil doesn't make it quieter, then it probably needs a valve adjustment.

Which was where I was going next. Good tip.