Just Got My Lexus Today Need Some Quicky Info

Latoilette

Finally.. I found myself a 95 lexus es300. I absolutely love it.

for the last two years, i've had nissan 300zx twin turbo. well, long story short..

4 weeks ago..i was stuck in traffic, when a ford explorer "ran over" my car--totalled it.

she didn't have insurance, so i got paid under "non-insured motorist".

searched for 4 weeks, and got myself a great deal.

i have a few questions. Does all 95 es300 comes with first aid kit, tool set, Cd changer?

i am really surprised that mine don't seem to have a cd changer or cd player.

and what kind of oil 5w30 or 10w30 is recommended?

thanks.

Congrats on you new purchase. I have a '95 and love it as well. All that you are looking for should be in the trunk. The tool kit is on the right side of the trunk under the mat. I'm not sure where the first aid kit is located normally (mine is velcroed to the top of the CD changer). The CD changer is on the left side in the trunk and is hard to miss. I can't imagine that you don't have one, but it is possible I suppose. The manual recommends 5w-30. If you don't have a manual, you can register with Lexus and they will send you a freebie. Look at lexus.com under the owner's section. Hope this helps. Congrats again. :cheers:

I didn;t even know the ES came with a first aid kit . I luckly had the tool kit and changer but never see the ES modle with one.

For oil , i would look at the mileage and give it a compression test.

Depending on those results i would decide on which weight to go with for the season.

I use mobil 1

15w-50 for summer

0w-30 for winter.

I like extremes for maximum protection ,not economy . Since it is never really that hot or cold in Toronto.

• 2 weeks later...