Is 250 Electrochromic (auto-dimming) Outside Mirrors

I started looking into that. You don't have the necessary wiring or mirror for that to work. The parts department started adding the cost of the parts to do it, and when he got past $2K on just parts, I changed my special order to include the Luxury Package, which also comes with the power up-down steering wheel on entry-exit.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if I can replace my standard outside mirrors with the Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors? It is really annoying not having that, I am not sure if all the cars are wired for it or not.

any help appreciated.

I know there is wiring, not sure it is just a power or it needs switch control. You may pull power from top light part.

It's all prewired, you should be able to without any issue. Heck, the dealer can order them and switch them for you if you want.

It's all prewired, you should be able to without any issue. Heck, the dealer can order them and switch them for you if you want.

Hey Lex Law how did you get the Luxury package on your 250 because everything I have seen & heard is that package option was only available on a 350? Thanks for any input.

Hey Lex Law how did you get the Luxury package on your 250 because everything I have seen & heard is that package option was only available on a 350? Thanks for any input.

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

Be sure it's clicked on 250-

You'll see the X package, Lux package, etc for the 250

Oddly there's no Sports package though, despite every individual bit of the sports package being available on the 250 in other ways between the X and Lux packages... Lexus is strange :)

I have the Lux Pkg on my AWD. It was hard to find, but they are available. Not sure about build % for RWD, but AWD was about 10% in 2007.

The Luxury Packages vary based on your model. My local dealer had a red IS AWD, but it was black leather and heated seats only (not ventilated). Spending this much money and keeping cars for 10 years on average meant that I wanted to special order. I also wanted the ML audio, but no NAV. Now I've got just what I want. It's great -- no compromises.

2008LexusISbrochure13_resize.jpg

If it didn't have vented seats it wasn't the lux package.

Luxury package is the luxury package, anywhere in the lower 48 states at least.

Even just the premium package, the lowest option pack on the car, has heated and vented on the seats.

Check the lexus website. The lux package is different for AWD.

If it didn't have vented seats it wasn't the lux package.

Luxury package is the luxury package, anywhere in the lower 48 states at least.

Even just the premium package, the lowest option pack on the car, has heated and vented on the seats.

Check the lexus website. The lux package is different for AWD.

Indeed. Hadn't bothered to check the AWD when all the rest were the same. Bizzare that the AWD lux package is different in options having nothing to do with the drivetrain, even from the RWD 250. Lux on the RWD 250 with manual or auto and the 350 are all identical. My apologies for the erroneous generalization.