Ls400 Platinum Edition

lxs platinum

Just bought my first LS400 platinum Edition Year 2000 Model. It's clocked 71,000 miles. Changed all four tires with new wider ones. Changed the shocks and coil springs, spark plugs, all sorts of filters etc... Now It does drive like new. I am very happy with the car.

Do I need to change the timing belt now?

What makes the Platinum Edition different from the other LS400's??

Nope the timing belt is fine until 90k.

The platinum edition had special badges, special wheels, monotone paint treatment, a different woodgrain, and a special leather upholstery. When new they also came with a year of the American Express Platinum card fee free.

I posted information about the 2000 LS400 Platinum Series sold in the U.S. is this thread: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...amp;hl=Platinum

Is your car a U.S. specification Lexus? I did not know that the 2000 Platinum Series LS400 was sold in your part of the world.

I have noticed that Toyota/Lexus has different maintenance schedules for different countries. In the U.S. the recommended timing belt replacement interval is six years or 90,000 miles. Normally, the water pump and a number of minor parts are replaced at the same time that the timing belt is replaced. The recommended replacement interval for spark plugs on the 2000 LS400 is 120,000 miles. The shocks normally last far longer than 71,000 miles here in the U.S. and it is unusual for the springs to ever require replacement.

Photos of my 2000 Platinum Series LS400 are in my gallery: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...m&album=131

I would love to see photos of your car.