Climate Control Panel Bulbs

I have a 98 SC400, the climate control panel light went out (half the screen was showing and half was not) I removed the console in an effort to replace the bulb but I can not see how to get behind the unit to expose the bulb and replace it. What do I have to do to get acess to the bulb(s) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Michael

I have a 98 SC400, the climate control panel light went out (half the screen was showing and half was not) I removed the console in an effort to replace the bulb but I can not see how to get behind the unit to expose the bulb and replace it. What do I have to do to get acess to the bulb(s) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I think those are LED's, not bulbs, and they have to be soldered in on this year and model.

Michael

Michael

You need to remove the 2 screws that hold white LCD plastic holder. Remove all solder at bulbs joint. Slightly bent the LCD to expose the bulbs under the plastic holder. Install new bulbs. Solder the joint. Put everthing back and you are done. You can contact me if you are still have questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Michael

You need to remove the 2 screws that hold white LCD plastic holder. Remove all solder at bulbs joint. Slightly bent the LCD to expose the bulbs under the plastic holder. Install new bulbs. Solder the joint. Put everthing back and you are done. You can contact me if you are still have questions.

Do you have any pictures of this white plastic holder ? I had the console apart and got to the unit but couldn't see how to remove the face plate (if there is one) I hate to go to the dealer and pay huge dollars to replace a few bulbs. I cant believe that they made it so hard to replace a few bulbs.

Michael

Do you have any pictures of this white plastic holder ? I had the console apart and got to the unit but couldn't see how to remove the face plate (if there is one) I hate to go to the dealer and pay huge dollars to replace a few bulbs. I cant believe that they made it so hard to replace a few bulbs.

You can send it out if you can wait about a week or so to one of these 2 places.

http://www.lextech.org/

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-Clima...tem130194326186

I have used both places & they both do good work. There turn around time is fast also. The guy from eBay will work with you on the price if you contact him through his own email address. He will change your LCD screen a replace all the back light bulbs too. The other place (lextech) only does lighting.

Michael

You can send it out if you can wait about a week or so to one of these 2 places.

I have used both places & they both do good work. There turn around time is fast also. The guy from eBay will work with you on the price if you contact him through his own email address. He will change your LCD screen a replace all the back light bulbs too. The other place (lextech) only does lighting.

I have a 1998 SC there is nothing listed for the 1998 SC. Did they do something different for the 1998 models ?

Michael

I have a 1998 SC there is nothing listed for the 1998 SC. Did they do something different for the 1998 models ?

I don`t no for sure if yours is different than those listed.That would be on the LCD.The bulbs are not a problem. You should just e-mail the guy and see what he says. If it can be done he`s the guy.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1995 SC400, they sure like bulbs, not LED's. Anyone know where to get the replacements? What I have is just a change out, no soldering needed. Just need a vendor.

I'm going to add a couple photos to show what I have. Sorry about the quality, my hands aren't very steady sometimes.

Those white caps are just rubber and come on and off.

post-29217-1203231295_thumb.jpg

post-29217-1203231315_thumb.jpg

I would think that you can get them from the dealer. I bought a bulb and thought I could just replace it, I have taken the console apart but still have not figured out how to peel back the face plate and unsolder and resolder the bulbs. I am going to the local Lexus dealer tomorrow and see what I can find out. I'll keep you posted.

It seems that they may have changed something on the 98 SC400 but I'll find out more tomorrow.

I went to the dealer, they looked at the panel and told me that it would be over $800.00 to replace the panel, it was not a bulb, the bulbs are only to light up the background on the buttons. They said that the panel needed to be replaced. It would be an hour of labor and the rest was for the part. Now, you want to take a guess at what I decided to do ? hahahahahaha

Michael

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue with my 99 SC400. The ebay link is no longer vaild, do you have the seller's name? Thanks

Michael