Battery Down / Cannot Open

mszyma

I've got '94 ES 300, without any lock in the doors that I could put the keys in to open it. There are some plastic dots that covers empty space. I used to open it only with my remote

Last night the battery just died and I cannot get in to open the hood.

I can open the trunk with the key, and I've heard that I can connect another battery to that little light bulb that illuminates the inside of the trunk. After that i could use my remote etc. But i don't know where is +/- in that bulb. I have 50 % of chances, cause someone said to me that if I wrongly connect it I can damage the computer.

Can anyone can help me with this one, or should I take the brick?

I've got '94 ES 300, without any lock in the doors that I could put the keys in to open it. There are some plastic dots that covers empty space. I used to open it only with my remote

I can open the trunk with the key, and I've heard that I can connect another battery to that little light bulb that illuminates the inside of the trunk. After that i could use my remote etc. But i don't know where is +/- in that bulb. I have 50 % of chances, cause someone said to me that if I wrongly connect it I can damage the computer.

You're saying there is not lock cylinder in the door?

You're saying there is not lock cylinder in the door?

Yes, rounded, black, plastic sth., there wasn't any lock when I bought it. I owned mazda 626 before, and I had the same problem. I learned how to open it with a screwdriwer. Right now I'm in work, but when I come home I'll try do the same. lever up the metal wire, which I hope is in that same place as it was in mazda.

Hey mszyma, are you sure those little plastic covers can't come off? My family and myself have owned some Mercedes' that had a plastic cover that went over the keyhole. From a distance it looks like there is no keyhole at all, but if you looked really close you could see that it was indeed a cover and you could pry it off with a flat head screwdriver and access the keyhole.

Hey mszyma, are you sure those little plastic covers can't come off? My family and myself have owned some Mercedes' that had a plastic cover that went over the keyhole. From a distance it looks like there is no keyhole at all, but if you looked really close you could see that it was indeed a cover and you could pry it off with a flat head screwdriver and access the keyhole.

Be sure I'll do it, but assuming my previous experience, there will be no lock cylinder. Just as in mazda. If there was any, why someone would cover it?

Be sure I'll do it, but assuming my previous experience, there will be no lock cylinder. Just as in mazda. If there was any, why someone would cover it?

I have no idea why they would cover it up my friend. The only reason I can think of is that it maybe looks cleaner/sleeker? At any rate, let us know what happens

I have no idea why they would cover it up my friend. The only reason I can think of is that it maybe looks cleaner/sleeker? At any rate, let us know what happens

The newer vehicles do have covers over the key hole but a 94 should have a regular old lock.

last night my friend and I tried to do that thing with connecting his battery to the trunk light. It glows immediately, but nothing happens. The remote didn't worked. Someone opened camry that way, so I don't know what I did wrong. I'll try to break through the backseat

last night my friend and I tried to do that thing with connecting his battery to the trunk light. It glows immediately, but nothing happens. The remote didn't worked. Someone opened camry that way, so I don't know what I did wrong. I'll try to break through the backseat

Now thats an idea. That little cargo bag thing in the middle of the seats. If you could get your head through that and a stick or something, you could unlock one of the back doors.

I called a proffesionalist. We met, he looked at the window, quoted:"No window frame...hmm" then he took a triangle piece of wood, sticked it gently under the glass, and through that tiny gap he opened a lock with a long metal wire. All of that took about 3 minutes. I paided about 60 bucks for that. That's the end of the story. Anyway I've learned a precious lesson.

Ps. In many cars locks were removed, due to notorious stealing. Poland was like New Jersey. Not without the reason, some German travel agency advertised hollidays in Poland: "Come to Poland, Your Car is already there"

See Ya