93 Es300 With 200k Miles For Sale

busoptr

I saw a lex es300 1993 for 2300 dollars at this independent dealership and it has 200,000 miles. I was thinking of getting it as a 2nd car for work, is this a good deal or am I looking for a lot of future repairs? I am aware that this cars are very reliable. Please advise. Thanks so much for any input.

A tad up there for it's asking price of a 15 year old car.....what kind of condition is it in? Bet you can knock off $800 - $1000 of the price. :)

:cheers:

I bought a 94 last year around this time with about 190k , put about 20-25k on it and it crapped out. In this area, imports hold their value pretty well, so that price would be a steal around here if the car is in half decent shape.

My 1993 ES300 (manual) was totaled last year. It had 290K and the insurance company gave me $2,800.

Thanks for all the replies guys or gals!!! So you guys are saying I shouldnt get it right ? Too many miles and too much.

try to get the price down....the dealer probably would have wholesaled the car if they thought it was not worth selling. I, however, bought a 96 es300 with 200 thou. on it for 1800....private party. I have had to do nothing but rear brakes, tires, seat covers, and a windshield....but other than that, i am very happy with it. :blush:

The big thing is that lexus vehicles are known to get many miles out of them, but these old ES's have camry engines in them, 1MZ-FE is exactly the same, so milage will vary upon maintenace. Personally, you couldn't GIVE me a car with over 200K on it.

Lexus vehicles hold their value extremely well. My 1994 ES would get $4850 if it got totaled.

The big thing is that lexus vehicles are known to get many miles out of them, but these old ES's have camry engines in them, 1MZ-FE is exactly the same, so milage will vary upon maintenace. Personally, you couldn't GIVE me a car with over 200K on it.

Lexus vehicles hold their value extremely well. My 1994 ES would get $4850 if it got totaled.

Ok, I see. Thanks guys for the input. I think I will be looking for a 1994 es.

A tad up there for it's asking price of a 15 year old car.....what kind of condition is it in? Bet you can knock off $800 - $1000 of the price. :)

:cheers:

Be sure to take it to a good mechanic and have the following checked: motor mounts, CV joints, timing belt, brake line integrity, of course brakes and make sure that you don't just get a single key (especially if it's the valet key and no remote keys).