Gas Prices

twoin

I know where your coming from, i went from a 2004 Echo with a 1.5L engine to a 91 ls400 with a 4.0L. The gas works out about double for me, and yes, it sucks. I have learnt that the way to combat that feeling though, is doing the same thing as going out to eat.

Eating at McDonalds or Wendys is very cheap indeed, but the atmosphere is bright, loud, and very unromantic. I usually pay at least triple to eat in a comfortable, romantic, friendly atmosphere at a nice sitdown restaurant.

So, I used to have 40 litres get me about 600-650 loud, stiff, lagging, peppy kilometres, and on long trips, somewhat unhappy kilometres.

NOW, I use 75 Litres to get me about 600-650 smooth, quiet, warm, relaxing(seatheat), exhilerating, and also crisp sounding(Nakamichi did alright) smiling happt Kilometres...

It's all in the tradeoff, but paying your mortgage and credit cards down faster is a feeling that can trump all of that if you are a commuter who does alot of distance each month.

I agree with the trade off. I am still in the honeymoon phase of not getting too wigged out in traffic jams, because I get to sit in my 91 LS400 longer. My commute is 1 hour in the morning, mostly through stop and go, just under half as highway. I average 20 mpg, sometimes getting 22. On a trip out of town 2 weekends ago, I got 26 mpg--so I am getting almost exactly what my wife is getting in her 2005 Honda C-RV.

I know where your coming from, i went from a 2004 Echo with a 1.5L engine to a 91 ls400 with a 4.0L. The gas works out about double for me, and yes, it sucks. I have learnt that the way to combat that feeling though, is doing the same thing as going out to eat.

Eating at McDonalds or Wendys is very cheap indeed, but the atmosphere is bright, loud, and very unromantic. I usually pay at least triple to eat in a comfortable, romantic, friendly atmosphere at a nice sitdown restaurant.

So, I used to have 40 litres get me about 600-650 loud, stiff, lagging, peppy kilometres, and on long trips, somewhat unhappy kilometres.

NOW, I use 75 Litres to get me about 600-650 smooth, quiet, warm, relaxing(seatheat), exhilerating, and also crisp sounding(Nakamichi did alright) smiling happt Kilometres...

It's all in the tradeoff, but paying your mortgage and credit cards down faster is a feeling that can trump all of that if you are a commuter who does alot of distance each month.

post-53431-1200537413_thumb.jpg

Driving my 97 LS back from Salt Lake City, UT (where i got my car); the most I got hwy was 28.7mpg. That was with a filter that was literally black and full of dust and leaves and bugs, and other factors needing attention. I could have easily gotten about 30mpg or more on that same leg of the journey. Now between my 15mile commute to work and city driving i'm at about 18-19mpg, need to get my injectors cleaned though it's feeling a little dirty! :D