2008 Is With Tinted Windows

Tinted Windows  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Did you tint the windows on your new Lexus?

• Yes!
    • No!

Can people please post pictures of their 2007 or 2008 IS with the windows tinted? I want to see what it looks like, I am considering getting this done on my new IS. If anyone has a IS that is Tungsten Pearl I would especially like to see it.

What do you guys think about after-market tint on Lexus'?

Can people please post pictures of their 2007 or 2008 IS with the windows tinted? I want to see what it looks like, I am considering getting this done on my new IS. If anyone has a IS that is Tungsten Pearl I would especially like to see it.

What do you guys think about after-market tint on Lexus'?

take a look at mine. they are %15 all around

post-53466-1200527949_thumb.jpg

Christian, to do it properly they have to remove the door panel to get access to the area blocked by the speaker.

The reviews on this are mixed, it highly depends where you take the car to get it done as some will do a better job than other and that just doesnt mean putting it back together, some people have ended up with marks on their seats etc. due to careless actions taken.

I think a high quality tint (I use either Solar Gard or Llumar), professionally installed definately enhances any vehicles appearance. I get all my vehicles tinted & love the way it looks.

:cheers:

Just got mine tinted today, they didn't have to remove the door panel and still looks very professional. I did 20%, non-metallic all the way around. The only 'problem' I ran into is that the tint in on the back window really affected my signal with my Sirius (went from three bars to one and cutting out). I had the antenna mounted on the rear deck.

I moved the antenna to the front dash, the far-most corner on the drivers side. Back to full signal strength and can't even notice it as I have the black interior. Thank goodness because I did not want it on my trunk lid.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a black on black 08 :

I had the windows tinted 3 days after we got it. Down here in Florida, I think you have to tint. I went with 15% all the way around. Only the front driver side and passenger side are barely illegal, but oh well. I wanted to go with 5%, so I guess I compromised!! LOL!!

post-42851-1203469947_thumb.jpg

Just got mine tinted today, they didn't have to remove the door panel and still looks very professional. I did 20%, non-metallic all the way around. The only 'problem' I ran into is that the tint in on the back window really affected my signal with my Sirius (went from three bars to one and cutting out). I had the antenna mounted on the rear deck.

I moved the antenna to the front dash, the far-most corner on the drivers side. Back to full signal strength and can't even notice it as I have the black interior. Thank goodness because I did not want it on my trunk lid.

You lost your signal because of the window tint. I was instructed about this from my tinter guy!

• 4 months later...
My wifes 08 Matador red was tinted except for the windshield strip. The strip makes the IS look cheap in my opnion.

I'm sorry but where is the "strip" part?

I'll make sure I won't tint the area if I decide to do it. :)

I've allways tinted my previous cars but have had very bad luck with it. Since I keep my cars for a long time, eight years avarage, after the fifth year it starts going down hill.

Then to change the tint the rear window defrost and now with the IS the antenae would go to pots. I've allways used a good window tint and a repiutable installer.

So this time around I'm going to stay away from it.

I would love to put a nice dark tint with a little bit of silver(to reflect the heat) but not this time.

I've allways tinted my previous cars but have had very bad luck with it. Since I keep my cars for a long time, eight years avarage, after the fifth year it starts going down hill.

Then to change the tint the rear window defrost and now with the IS the antenae would go to pots. I've allways used a good window tint and a repiutable installer.

So this time around I'm going to stay away from it.

I would love to put a nice dark tint with a little bit of silver(to reflect the heat) but not this time.

I don't think I have ever owned a car without tint on it here in Florida. MAn, you can get a sun burn on your arm from just driving around down here! Maybe get a lighter non-metallic tint?