Gas Mileage Sucks

im only getting maybe 260 miles to a full tank on a 2000 gs3. does anyone know why or what i can do to fix this? and im also blowing white smoke at full throttle. i have had all of the o2 sensors replaced and even have brand new cats? anything advice would be helpful.

jarvix, my gs430 is getting about the same mileage! i only got 21-22 driving on interstate from pa to memphis....... i was po'ed! i only get from 15-17 in the city and yes i have a lead foot but still even when i try to stay off it for a week to find my mileage im disappointed! i will follow the bulletin and see if u get any help that will help me! although as far as i know im not blowing any smoke at wot!

jarvix, my gs430 is getting about the same mileage! i only got 21-22 driving on interstate from pa to memphis....... i was po'ed! i only get from 15-17 in the city and yes i have a lead foot but still even when i try to stay off it for a week to find my mileage im disappointed! i will follow the bulletin and see if u get any help that will help me! although as far as i know im not blowing any smoke at wot!

i didnt pay anything for the cats and o2 sensors. i traded my pioneer flip out to a guy that works at a shop and he got them for me and installed them. nice to know people in the auto industry when you have a money pit lexus lol

i didnt pay anything for the cats and o2 sensors. i traded my pioneer flip out to a guy that works at a shop and he got them for me and installed them. nice to know people in the auto industry when you have a money pit lexus lol

money pit? hah, hardly... but yeah i get about 265 miles out of a tank of my pampered 02 gs300, at one point i was getting 15mph, but i'm back up to 18 these past few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Heres the thing guys,

When figuring out why people have a certain gas mileage, its best to compare with people who live in the same area. When comparing someone who lives in new york city in which there is a traffic light on every block and the average block is much smaller than one you would find in smaller cities.

Hence the go and stop is much more frequent and although we are not producing a MPG in the range of the people that claim to be getting, for NYC it is enough.

Another factor is that NYC is quite small and that our destinations are much shorter. My average trip is about 5 miles before I turn the ignition off on my GS. That means that each time I wait for the car to warm up a little bit, I am wasting my gas mileage.

So, I think that when a GS is getting over 200 miles driving around in a populated city, there is nothing wrong with that car. When you end up taking it on the highway and get 400+ miles to the tank, you definitely know that theres nothing wrong with your GS.

im only getting maybe 260 miles to a full tank on a 2000 gs3. does anyone know why or what i can do to fix this? and im also blowing white smoke at full throttle. i have had all of the o2 sensors replaced and even have brand new cats? anything advice would be helpful.

You sure the smoke is coming out your exhaust? If it is, could be a gasket starting to go. If not, could be overflow burning off the manifold. Check your coolant level. Also, "full throttle" has a lot to do with mileage.

• 1 month later...

You sure the smoke is coming out your exhaust? If it is, could be a gasket starting to go. If not, could be overflow burning off the manifold. Check your coolant level. Also, "full throttle" has a lot to do with mileage.

coolant is full and yes its coming out of the exhaust

you have your car idling too long. i've read that you only need 30 seconds of warm up in the mornings. the temp. guage doesnt necessarily have to hit a certain level. Do your research online to make sure. This should add another 40 mpg

you have your car idling too long. i've read that you only need 30 seconds of warm up in the mornings. the temp. guage doesnt necessarily have to hit a certain level. Do your research online to make sure. This should add another 40 mpg

you live in cali tho. does it ever get below 60 degrees there? haha.