Newbie Needs Help ! Side View Mirrors Keep Getting Reset

Hello, I just bought a pre-owned 06 GS 300 with 20K on it and the side view mirrors keep getting reset randomly after I adjust them. Is there a setting I am missing or there could be something wrong with the mirrors ? I read several posts about the motor on the mirrors being bad so wasn't sure.

I appreciate any help anyone can provide. This forum is so wonderful and I am learning a lot just going through the posts.

Thank you.

Sandeep

Hello, I just bought a pre-owned 06 GS 300 with 20K on it and the side view mirrors keep getting reset randomly after I adjust them. Is there a setting I am missing or there could be something wrong with the mirrors ? I read several posts about the motor on the mirrors being bad so wasn't sure.

I appreciate any help anyone can provide. This forum is so wonderful and I am learning a lot just going through the posts.

Thank you.

Sandeep

If you bought your car certified, be sure to take care of this before the warranty goes out. I have an '06 GS300 as well. My side mirrors were getting stuck and not moving back up after going from reverse to drive. I complained (my car was bought pre-owned, but certified) and they were fixed. $600+ per mirror... something about the motor (luckily I had to pay nothing).

Thanks guys. I did set the seat memory per Alan's recommendation. However the randomness with mirrors getting reset still continues. If I hit the memory button (#1), they do get set to correct position. However, I do not think I need to hit it everytime I drive the car right?

Taking it to the dealer next week. I did not buy it from Lexus dealer hence not certified. Hopefully its covered under warrantly. The guy I spoke to at the Lexus dealerships seems to think so..

Replacing the CD player as well. It stopped working after a few days and they are going to replace it.

I have had it for 3 weeks now and have 3 issues already (rattle dash, broken CD player and mirror issue). Hopefully I get to enjoy it after one trip to the dealer.

Sandeep