99 Gs300 Stalling-need Help-new Tps & Maf No Good

Hay Fellas....Got a 1999 GS300 about 90k miles..with a big problem with stalling.......Car was working good and just went nutz........when i start in the morning, the RPM goes moves up from 1100 to 1700 for a few minutes...... 2 seconds after i pull off it dies down<stall> if i hold the gas down, it will rev up all the way and gain some speed........if i floor the gas from a dead stop, it will take a long time to pick up....So i change the TPS and no improvement...then the MAF sensor...same problem. When i reset the Computer, the car will shake for a few minutes and i have to drive a few miles before it gets better. Problem get worst with the intake install...and Ideas...

• 2 weeks later...

Hay Fellas....Got a 1999 GS300 about 90k miles..with a big problem with stalling.......Car was working good and just went nutz........when i start in the morning, the RPM goes moves up from 1100 to 1700 for a few minutes...... 2 seconds after i pull off it dies down<stall> if i hold the gas down, it will rev up all the way and gain some speed........if i floor the gas from a dead stop, it will take a long time to pick up....So i change the TPS and no improvement...then the MAF sensor...same problem. When i reset the Computer, the car will shake for a few minutes and i have to drive a few miles before it gets better. Problem get worst with the intake install...and Ideas...

I am currently having the exact same problem with my 99 gs 300. i have 96,000 miles on it and have replaced: pedal position sensor MAF sensor TPS spark plugs, sp wires, battery, thouroghly removed and cleaned the throttle body, readjusted the gas pedal and throttle cable, replaced oil/tranny/differential fluids and said alot of swear words- all to no avail. The only difference is my car decided to drive itself for awhile and the rpm s continue to climb in park or nuetral- then the car jumps when put in gear- even slammed into a metal pole once when it was put in gear. I am at a loss and the lexus dealership in my area keeps telling me to replace a new thing everytime i go there and nothing solves the problem..........please can someonew shed some light on this issue before i have to buy another part.............

• 2 weeks later...
lexus replaced a sensor on my 99 gs300 and never stalled again.

I had a similar engine stall. The problem in my 93 GS' case was the valve cover gasket was bad and was leaking oil into the spark plug well causing a bad ground. Did you check for oil or moisture in your spark plug areas?

• 2 months later...