Warranty

MO-Lexus

My 2004 LS430 (30,000 miles) will runout of the warranty this April. I contacted the local Dealership in Kansas City and the rep. was not willing to negotiate on extended warranty and was only willing to sell the warranty that included the GPS unit even though mine does not even have it.

Does anyone have a suggestion on who to contact for a "Gold Warranty"?

My 2004 LS430 (30,000 miles) will runout of the warranty this April. I contacted the local Dealership in Kansas City and the rep. was not willing to negotiate on extended warranty and was only willing to sell the warranty that included the GPS unit even though mine does not even have it.

Does anyone have a suggestion on who to contact for a "Gold Warranty"?

Dealers' prime motivation is the bottom line, whether sales or service. You don't have to stay with the dealer. There are plenty of aftermarket warranty companies out there. They're looking for owners just like you who still have a warranty on their car. The key is to find one that's reputable. Here's a couple of links that might help:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ef14c39/?127

http://www.aaautowarranty.com/index.asp

I would even contact your AAA FOR for some recommendations.

MO -Lexus, Was this the dealer on NorthTrafficWay or their other location.

My 2001 LS430 will be reaching 75K in the next couple of months and I was thinking about

having the Northland site due the maintenance. I would expect a loaner. Do you think these

folks are going to be difficult to deal with, arrogant attitude etc.

Thanks and goodluck with your warranty search.

- KS Lexus -

MO -Lexus, Was this the dealer on NorthTrafficWay or their other location.

My 2001 LS430 will be reaching 75K in the next couple of months and I was thinking about

having the Northland site due the maintenance. I would expect a loaner. Do you think these

folks are going to be difficult to deal with, arrogant attitude etc.

Thanks and goodluck with your warranty search.

- KS Lexus -

Superior Lexus North on I-29 near KCI airport and Superior Lexus South near I-435 and State Line Road are the same company. They are two locations of the same company. There are good people at both locations although I usually use an indie repair shop in Mission, Kansas which is owned by a former Superior Lexus service writer.

I have a 2004 LS430 UL with 135,000 miles. The only thing that an extended warranty would have help is the replacement of both front air shocks. Each was about $1,500, if my memory serves me properly.

If you don't have the air suspension, save your money....imo.

:cheers:

• 9 months later...
I have a 2004 LS430 UL with 135,000 miles. The only thing that an extended warranty would have help is the replacement of both front air shocks. Each was about $1,500, if my memory serves me properly.

If you don't have the air suspension, save your money....imo.

:cheers:

I have a 2002 LS430 with 73,300 and thinking about getting an extra two years extended warranty, mainly because of electronics. You put on high miles, but only four years, just wondering what to do, as mine has the years, not the miles. In fact, the dealer wants to have me do the timing belt because of time, as it's way short of the 90,000 miles and I'm still trying to figure that one out. Any suggestions?

I purchased the extended warranty for my 2002 LS 430 from Lexus of Greenwich. I live in California and completed the transaction via the phone. They were quite a bit less expensive than the dealer who sold the car to me. I have used it to replace 4 outside mirrors, 1 mirror controler, 2 trunk lifts, and the gasoline filler tube.