Trac Warning Light Stays On

sc4sooner

sometimes the TRAC warning light comes on and stays on and i am trying to figure out what this means. the part that really confuses me is that if i have to pull out onto a street and accelerate heavily it wont come on but if i just drive around leisurely it will.

all the owners manual says is to take it to a dealership but im hoping someone out there knows what the light means so i can hopefuly fix it myself

thank you for your help

sometimes the TRAC warning light comes on and stays on and i am trying to figure out what this means. the part that really confuses me is that if i have to pull out onto a street and accelerate heavily it wont come on but if i just drive around leisurely it will.

all the owners manual says is to take it to a dealership but im hoping someone out there knows what the light means so i can hopefuly fix it myself

thank you for your help

My TRAC light came on after "gettin' on it" one day and all it takes is pulling the fuse to reset it. It think its the 30amp fuse under your hood (driver's side). Pull it out, and reinstall...that should do it. Hope that works for ya. If it doesn't, try disconnecting the battery and the fuse. Its worked like a champ for me twice now.

not gonna lie. my sc400 has been doing that for over a year... on and off for no reason at all. I pull over and restart my car and sometimes that fixes it. does anyone know what we can do to fix it for good... other then fooling around with fuses and such.....

not gonna lie. my sc400 has been doing that for over a year... on and off for no reason at all. I pull over and restart my car and sometimes that fixes it. does anyone know what we can do to fix it for good... other then fooling around with fuses and such.....

So fooling around with the fuse and battery didn't work? If not, then your fix is replacing the TRAC actuator. I thought I was going to have to do this until I read about resetting it via the fuse and battery...good luck.

removing the fuse worked for about a day and a half but to my dismay the light did return. i was reading through another thread where a gentlemen said that he bleed all the lines and it worked for him i guess when i get some time i will give that a shot. im a broke college kid that can not afford the $800 or so to replace the actuator.

does anyone know what potential problems it could cause to ignore this light?

so far i havent noticed any difference at all and if all it is is the traction control system i wont worry about it all that much, im use to a car that wants to slide on you and im pretty good at keeping it under control. ( my previous car was a 89 nissan 240sx)

• 1 month later...
removing the fuse worked for about a day and a half but to my dismay the light did return. i was reading through another thread where a gentlemen said that he bleed all the lines and it worked for him i guess when i get some time i will give that a shot. im a broke college kid that can not afford the $800 or so to replace the actuator.

does anyone know what potential problems it could cause to ignore this light?

so far i havent noticed any difference at all and if all it is is the traction control system i wont worry about it all that much, im use to a car that wants to slide on you and im pretty good at keeping it under control. ( my previous car was a 89 nissan 240sx)

The TRAC light seems to be a catch all light for many different problems that only the maintenance computer can define. Oxygen sensor problems are just one of the problems that it point outs.

• 1 year later...

#1 You are going to the wrong school at least for Basketball this week.

Seriously.....

Go to autozone and get you a mityvac vacuum pump and do the fluid bleed procedure from the abs bleed fitting.

Mine does this periodically...maybe moisture in the fluid or other.