Black Leather Seats

Has anyone ever heard of Katzkins leather? The leather in my car is very hard. Its in a lot better condition that it was when I got it a year ago. The seam in the right side of the bottom on the driver's see is about to break.

Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone has ever replaced their leather with Katzkins leather. An authorized Katzkins retailer wants $1,150 to redo all the seats. That's not bad at when you consider Toyota wants that just for the seatback to the backseat.

I want to do something about it soon. Thanks.

post-3-1069884146.jpg

Katzkin makes awesome interior kits. I've always wanted to use Katzkin in one of my cars, but never got that serious about interiors. They offer extremely high quality material, and pretty reasonable on prices. The 1,100 sounds about right, they're not the cheapest thing in the world, but that 1,150 includes: The front seats, rear seats, head rests, and center console. If you did it yourself, the kit alone would cost about $699-799 depending on options you chose and material (price pulled from their webpage) And the do-it yourself install kit is $99 bucks. So it all depends on how inclined you are to do it yourself if you want to save yourself $450-500 bucks.

I didn't know they were that high. You might be able to find seats from a slavage car in good shape or elsewhere used but in good shape for that price. Not sure though. Either way, the Katzkin stuff is good. I'd think you'd be happy if you did it.

If your seats are not cracking u may not need to redo ur seats. if the leather is just hard buy this leather conditioner called LEXOL... they usually sell it in saddle shops but im sure u can find it on the net. This stuff is awesome and after a few treatments you will see an awsome imporvement. Also, never use armorall on leather. this is a common mistake many make and it ends up drying the leather, and thus messing up the interior. If the leather is cracked and nasty then I guess you will have to redo your seats. Another option is to go to a good auto upholstery shop and have them replace only the bad leather for new matching leather. Ive done this before and the seats look great. This happened when for some reason my seat desided to rip just in one little place under my leg. I guess from pressing the clutch so much. So I got that little square changed for $200 and problem solved. THese guys carry a lot of different tone sof leather and can match perfectly if your seats are not aboused. Well, either way good luck!

PS Katzkin makes really good stuff. You cant go wrong but get ready to pay the piper

The Lexol isn't going to restore the seats. Might be worthwhile to try something like Leatherique though...

Katskin makes a beautiful leather interior. They can also do a lot of custom stuff like stitching and piping etc.