Es300 Nav System

FAMULEX

I just brought a 1999 ES300 and wanted to know some info on getting a NAV system for the car. I see alot of aftermarket systems but I wanted more info on the OEM. Can it fit in this car?

Thanks! :ph34r:

I am looking into an OEM factory nav for your es. I will reply with results. :cheers:

I just brought a 1999 ES300 and wanted to know some info on getting a NAV system for the car. I see alot of aftermarket systems but I wanted more info on the OEM. Can it fit in this car?

To put an OEM NAV system in a car that came without this feature originally is NOT advisable, due to the fact that it would require extensive rewiring, ie: new wiring harnesses, new dashboard, etc. A super expensive modification!

As said in the FAQ section on the Lexus.com website:

Can a Navigation System be added by my Lexus Dealer if my car was not built with one?

No. The Lexus Navigation System is only installed in Lexus vehicles by the factory. The Navigation System installed in Lexus vehicles at the factory is not available for purchase as an after-market dealer-installed option.

A portable GPS unit would be your best bet. :)

Hello - yes, navigation was not an option on the ES until 2002. However, the Toyota navigation system manufactured by Denso fits and integrates just fine with your '99. Check here for more info:

http://www.oemvalue.com/request/toyotanav.htm

However, if you want to save some money vs. OEM Toyota, I would recommend the Eclipse AVN-5510. It looks like an OEM system, and the touchscreen interface is identical to OEM (compared menu screen by menu screen with stock '03 system owned by my in-laws). Here is the link to my install in our 2000 ES300:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry249244

Also, I am not sure the OEM system has ipod/bluetooth/HD radio add on capability like the systems available from Eclipse. I installed the Eclipse system myself in one afternoon.

It's not clear to me the relationship between Fujitsu Ten and Denso - but their nav systems look and operate nearly identical. Also, from what I've seen, the input connectors on the Fuji10 and Denso systems are identical. Some sources say Fujitsu Ten is Lexus's nav system supplier, but the Lexus nav systems clearly say Denso on the back of them. Other sources said Fujitsu Ten actually supplies Denso for integration, and also sells directly via their Eclipse product line.

For reference, here is what the Toyota/Lexus stock OEM navigation system will look like in your ES:

post-36644-1200596474_thumb.jpg

Here are some images of our widescreen Eclipse AVN for comparison:

post-36644-1200596494_thumb.jpg

post-36644-1200596506_thumb.jpg

post-36644-1200610174_thumb.jpg

It looks OEM and the button illumination even matches the climate control's and the actual screen is larger than OEM. My wife relies on the navigation system frequently, and her ipod is always hooked up - it all works really well. I purchased my system here:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9027_-...se+AVN5510.html

at $899 it's a great deal (I paid quite a bit more back in June '07) anyway...

Also, another ES300 member has installed a pioneer AVIC system that looks pretty nice too.

hope this information helps!

To put an OEM NAV system in a car that came without this feature originally is NOT advisable, due to the fact that it would require extensive rewiring, ie: new wiring harnesses, new dashboard, etc. A super expensive modification!

Can a Navigation System be added by my Lexus Dealer if my car was not built with one?

No. The Lexus Navigation System is only installed in Lexus vehicles by the factory. The Navigation System installed in Lexus vehicles at the factory is not available for purchase as an after-market dealer-installed option.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello - yes, navigation was not an option on the ES until 2002. However, the Toyota navigation system manufactured by Denso fits and integrates just fine with your '99. Check here for more info:

http://www.oemvalue.com/request/toyotanav.htm

However, if you want to save some money vs. OEM Toyota, I would recommend the Eclipse AVN-5510. It looks like an OEM system, and the touchscreen interface is identical to OEM (compared menu screen by menu screen with stock '03 system owned by my in-laws). Here is the link to my install in our 2000 ES300:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry249244

Also, I am not sure the OEM system has ipod/bluetooth/HD radio add on capability like the systems available from Eclipse. I installed the Eclipse system myself in one afternoon.

It's not clear to me the relationship between Fujitsu Ten and Denso - but their nav systems look and operate nearly identical. Also, from what I've seen, the input connectors on the Fuji10 and Denso systems are identical. Some sources say Fujitsu Ten is Lexus's nav system supplier, but the Lexus nav systems clearly say Denso on the back of them. Other sources said Fujitsu Ten actually supplies Denso for integration, and also sells directly via their Eclipse product line.

For reference, here is what the Toyota/Lexus stock OEM navigation system will look like in your ES:

post-36644-1200596474_thumb.jpg

Here are some images of our widescreen Eclipse AVN for comparison:

post-36644-1200596494_thumb.jpg

post-36644-1200596506_thumb.jpg

post-36644-1200610174_thumb.jpg

It looks OEM and the button illumination even matches the climate control's and the actual screen is larger than OEM. My wife relies on the navigation system frequently, and her ipod is always hooked up - it all works really well. I purchased my system here:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9027_-...se+AVN5510.html

at $899 it's a great deal (I paid quite a bit more back in June '07) anyway...

Also, another ES300 member has installed a pioneer AVIC system that looks pretty nice too.

hope this information helps!

Thanks! I'll have to into this!