2005 Is 300 Turbo

smooth1

I have been working on my car for quite awhile now. Right now it's putting down around 420 rwhp, and 400 ft lbs.tq. So I had a professional photographer shoot a couple pics and thought I might share a few with you. I hope you enjoy.

Front.jpg

Sideview.jpg

MOTOR2.jpg

Sideview2.jpg

I have been working on my car for quite awhile now. Right now it's putting down around 420 rwhp, and 400 ft lbs.tq. So I had a professional photographer shoot a couple pics and thought I might share a few with you. I hope you enjoy.

Front.jpg

Sideview.jpg

MOTOR2.jpg

Sideview2.jpg

Beautiful IS, Big Congrats :cheers: Keep up the great work...

Your IS looks awesome! Love the silver with tint...sweet! But the photos were really taken by a professional photographer? I hope he didn't charge you much. :whistles:

LOL!!! I will tell him you said that...ROTFLMAO!!!!

He actually works for me at my shop....These were put on a lower resolution, and done at a bad time of day. We just went out back and took some quick shots. I will have the final pictures later. That last shot as you can tell was just some photo shop play around. The top shot we purposely under exposed it a touch to help reduce the glare. But these were an ok size for the board to use, so I just threw them up as I have no descent shots on the boards of the car.

So, this question keeps coming up and I guess I'm looking for a little input. Should I keep the CF hood or put the Stock hood back on?

you should put the stock hood back on! ....i don't like carbon fiber on silver cars... too much contrast! ...in fact i don't really like carbon fiber on any car.... so that's my opinion but i think i already told you... i don't remember

you should put the stock hood back on! ....i don't like carbon fiber on silver cars... too much contrast! ...in fact i don't really like carbon fiber on any car.... so that's my opinion but i think i already told you... i don't remember

Thanks Flop. That's 1 no cf. Maybe counts as 2 cause I like you.. :)

Paint the CF the same color as the car :cheers:

I'd have to agree....I'd paint the hood to match the rest of the car. But I know that idea probably does not sit well with true CF believers :censored:

If you've got CF you're supposed to rock it, not hide it under a coat of paint. Oh well, that's what I would do. IMO, some auto makers have gone a little overboard with the use of CF, even to the extent of replacing beautiful woodgrain trim inside the cabin with CF panels....not my cupa tea, exactly. But what's even worse are those that use FAKE CF trim inside! :chairshot:

In the end, it's up to you....if you like it, what does it matter what anyone else thinks? You no doubt paid a lot of $$$ for it so enjoy it! :cheers:

Hey smooth, I think it looks good, but ultimately depends on your personality. I like the idea of a badass incognito, so when some punk tries to race ya because they know they can smoke a stock IS, you can really embarass the hell out of them hehe. But some like it to be quite obvious to everyone that they've tweaked their ride. So I say (gasping in the background) paint the CF 8)

Nice lookin ride! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you put into it? Some pics from the rear and interior would be nice.

As for the CF, it's a large hood in ratio to the rest of the front. You're definitely making a statement. Can't tell without seeing the whole car how visually balanced it is without doing something with the rear as well. There's something to be said for having a sleeper and blowing off any pretenders. But it's like lex and raym said, if you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks. I remember one time this girl showing up at the track in a turbo'd pink supra. All the guys had smirks on their faces until she blew them off by posting the fastest quarter of the day. I'm sure she had the best smile of the day too.

well, I'm contemplating putting my car into some upcoming shows. So what other people think does matter some in that case. I think the car needs alot more CF, but fitment becomes an issue. I've seen a few and even if you get em perfect, just driving it around, the body flex moves them out of alignment. So, that's why I asked about the hood. I'm really on the fence. When I first put it on, I liked it. Now that it's been on awhile, I guess the thrill has worn off. So, even before I put the question on the boards, I was thinking of taking it off, like 55/45 off, and put the stock hood back on.

I didn't know that I would see such a lop sided vote though. I figured it might be close. So far, no cf votes! HHmmm, interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm really on the fence. When I first put it on, I liked it. Now that it's been on awhile, I guess the thrill has worn off. So, even before I put the question on the boards, I was thinking of taking it off, like 55/45 off, and put the stock hood back on.

What about parking your car right beside one that's the same color but with a stock hood of course, for an immediate side by side comparison?