Update To Nav

Hello

I have to be honest when I say I tripped over this group while I was on line, and I am very excited about it.. I have had my ES 330 for 3 years ( 2004) and I love it, i have had little to no issues with it.

I use my navagation alot, and I am fining that in this growing city ( las Vegas) alot of streets , places and such are not on the origional version.. I would like to update it, when I asked the dealer they said they would be happy to do it for $389 + Tax, now that just seems a bit expensive to me for software.. So I am looking for another option, I looked on ebay and there are a zillion upgrades and Im not sure if I should go that route.. as far as I am consered I dont need the newest one, but maybe the last year update if that would save $$.

I have questions.

1) where can I get a update part# ?

2) Is there a place ( including ebay) where I can get it for less.

3) when I get it , how easy is it to instal ( is it a menu driven instalation)

any advice would be welcome,

Thanks in advance

Paula

Hello

I have to be honest when I say I tripped over this group while I was on line, and I am very excited about it.. I have had my ES 330 for 3 years ( 2004) and I love it, i have had little to no issues with it.

I use my navagation alot, and I am fining that in this growing city ( las Vegas) alot of streets , places and such are not on the origional version.. I would like to update it, when I asked the dealer they said they would be happy to do it for $389 + Tax, now that just seems a bit expensive to me for software.. So I am looking for another option, I looked on ebay and there are a zillion upgrades and Im not sure if I should go that route.. as far as I am consered I dont need the newest one, but maybe the last year update if that would save $$.

I have questions.

1) where can I get a update part# ?

2) Is there a place ( including ebay) where I can get it for less.

3) when I get it , how easy is it to instal ( is it a menu driven instalation)

any advice would be welcome,

Thanks in advance

Paula

Your 2004 ES330 is a GEN 4 system. The disc part number your require is 86271-3304X.... the higher the last digit the newer the map disc. If you buy it from Lexus the part number is PT219-GEN04-07. MSRP is $250.

Lastly, just press the open button on the navigation unit and eject the DVD map disc. Simply installed the new disc and your done.

So the 2008 model years have the 7.1 disc?

Maybe. I bought an '07 ES350 the first week in May, 2006 with a build date of 4/2006 and the Navigation disc was 5.1

I guess it all depends on the date the car left the factory. There's the possibility that early build '08's came with 6.1 discs.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so glad I found this forum. I just came back from my Lexus dealer after a routine maintenance. While there, I asked about the availability and cost for an updated navigation disc. My current disc is for 2005.

They gave me a total cost of $425, which includes $75 for installation. After reading the threads in this message, I think I should be able to do this myself.

My question is: for LS430, where can I find the navigation unit so I can swap out the discs.

Thanks and Regards,

Bill

I am so glad I found this forum. I just came back from my Lexus dealer after a routine maintenance. While there, I asked about the availability and cost for an updated navigation disc. My current disc is for 2005.

They gave me a total cost of $425, which includes $75 for installation. After reading the threads in this message, I think I should be able to do this myself.

My question is: for LS430, where can I find the navigation unit so I can swap out the discs.

Thanks and Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

I too am looking to update my LS430. I have been checking around and found the best price so for to be from a company called Sewell. On their site (www.Sewell.com) you can purchase one for $260.00 and they even have a rebate going on. They also have directions you can download on how to replace the DVD in the different cars. I would recommend you calling them. I too was quoted a very high price for the DVD and installation from my dealer. If you have patience, I think you can install the DVD yourself.

Hope this info works. Also, If you find a better deal, please let me know.

Good Luck,

Vicotira

Hi Bill,

I too am looking to update my LS430. I have been checking around and found the best price so for to be from a company called Sewell. On their site (www.Sewell.com) you can purchase one for $260.00 and they even have a rebate going on. They also have directions you can download on how to replace the DVD in the different cars. I would recommend you calling them. I too was quoted a very high price for the DVD and installation from my dealer. If you have patience, I think you can install the DVD yourself.

Hope this info works. Also, If you find a better deal, please let me know.

Good Luck,

Vicotira

The price for the newest update DVD is $299.00 The rebate that Sewell offered is no longer in effect.

http://www.lexus-parts.com/import/nav_rebate_2007.pdf