Update To Nav

Hello

I have to be honest when I say I tripped over this group while I was on line, and I am very excited about it.. I have had my ES 330 for 3 years ( 2004) and I love it, i have had little to no issues with it.

I use my navagation alot, and I am fining that in this growing city ( las Vegas) alot of streets , places and such are not on the origional version.. I would like to update it, when I asked the dealer they said they would be happy to do it for $389 + Tax, now that just seems a bit expensive to me for software.. So I am looking for another option, I looked on ebay and there are a zillion upgrades and Im not sure if I should go that route.. as far as I am consered I dont need the newest one, but maybe the last year update if that would save $$.

I have questions.

1) where can I get a update part# ?

2) Is there a place ( including ebay) where I can get it for less.

3) when I get it , how easy is it to instal ( is it a menu driven instalation)

any advice would be welcome,

Thanks in advance

Paula

www.lexus-parts.com

Thats where I buy my updates, they're about $280 or so. You can buy older ones on eBay, but I'd just go for the latest update, you want version 7.1. The first number signifies the year, so 7.1 is 2007. Your 04 has version 3.1, or 2003. The nav version is always a year behind the model year.

Man, those dvd's are expensive! But they are what they are...

It is quite easy to install, but due to price, I have only done a few. On most cars, the Map dvd is in the trunk, under the right hand side carpet and covers, on some cars (LS) they can be either in the glove box or the trunk, I cannot state the specific location for each year and model, but it is as easy as ejecting the cd and putting a new one in. And also, most trunk dvd's have a few nuts hoding the player in place, and must be taken off to get it out! When it is changed, turn the key to the ACC position and while the sytem loads................. DO NOT TURN THE POWER OFF!!!

• 3 months later...
www.lexus-parts.com

Thats where I buy my updates, they're about $280 or so. You can buy older ones on eBay, but I'd just go for the latest update, you want version 7.1. The first number signifies the year, so 7.1 is 2007. Your 04 has version 3.1, or 2003. The nav version is always a year behind the model year.

I have a 2004 LS 430, my version is 4.2, I want to up grade the unit, made a trip to Indianapolis last week, many roads and driving instructions are not there, like the bypass around St Louis and OK city, where is my current disc located, Lexus price for 7.1 $265.00

www.lexus-parts.com

I too am interested in a Nav update for my car. The website www.lexus-parts.com is no longer valid. Anyone else have a suggestion of where I can get an upgrade? My current is V. 4.2. Thanks.

Interesting...thats weird about Lexus-Parts, I'll look into that.

The link is now changed to http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/

P.S. The Navigation DVD prices and rebate promo is way out of date!!! :angry:

P.S.S. I tried contacting them by phone months ago on two occasions and they never got back to me, plus their shipping costs were way out of line!! :angry:

I will no longer deal with this company since they act like some scam online dealers!! :angry:

They really should forward the old URL to the new site...

Thats so odd, I've never had anything but positive experiences with them. I wonder if Darrell is no longer there?

dear,

I m also doing some research on buying latest DVD for Navigation. make sure you should know your Navigation Generation. u can even download that from various sites. I saw couple ads for Gen2/3 ver7.1 for less than $50 on craiglist. but I couldnt find for my self I have Gen 4. and I m looking for ver7.1. I bought a separate GPS TomTom which works excellent.anyhow

attach is the sheet where u can determine your generation.

LS430

2004-2006

DVD Based System Generation 4

DVD

00230-GEN4S-CY06

Click Here

GS430

GS300

ES300/330

2004-2006

RX330

2005-2006

RX400h

LX470

2004-2006

SC430

2005-2006

GX470

2005-2006

serach on google for best rates. I dont recommend you to spend 250/- ~ 300/- DVD.

also if u can find COPIED DVD it works fine if it burnt on high resolution.

Thanks

I recently purchased a 2002 ES and the navigation data is back from 2001. I would really like to update it but dealer price is too much. Is there any legal way to obtain these DVDs at a low cost?

May I have your email address?

I just bought a '06 ES330, our first Lexus, over the weekend and am interested in updating the Nav system as well. Any help in pointing me to a cost effective solution will be greatly appreciated.

I recently purchased a 2002 ES and the navigation data is back from 2001. I would really like to update it but dealer price is too much. Is there any legal way to obtain these DVDs at a low cost?

Same here. I bought 2002 ES300 recently. Looking for Nav update dvd.

Best thing to do is buy a used upgrade that is a year or so old. They can be found on eBay.

I have an 04 version I'll give you lol It'd be newer than the '01 version in your '02.

• 1 month later...

Can you send me your email address? I just purchased an update on ebay impulsively and would rather use my portable. it is Gen2/3 7.1.

Hello

I have to be honest when I say I tripped over this group while I was on line, and I am very excited about it.. I have had my ES 330 for 3 years ( 2004) and I love it, i have had little to no issues with it.

I use my navagation alot, and I am fining that in this growing city ( las Vegas) alot of streets , places and such are not on the origional version.. I would like to update it, when I asked the dealer they said they would be happy to do it for $389 + Tax, now that just seems a bit expensive to me for software.. So I am looking for another option, I looked on ebay and there are a zillion upgrades and Im not sure if I should go that route.. as far as I am consered I dont need the newest one, but maybe the last year update if that would save $$.

I have questions.

1) where can I get a update part# ?

2) Is there a place ( including ebay) where I can get it for less.

3) when I get it , how easy is it to instal ( is it a menu driven instalation)

any advice would be welcome,

Thanks in advance

Paula

send me your email address....I purchased an update dvd gen 2/3 ver 7.1 and have decided not to use it. I am sticking with my portable. thanks.

I have a 2002 ES300, can anybody tell me where the DVD drive on this car is and how to access it. Thanks a lot.

Have you ever openes the trunk? ;)

Honestly its a huge box in the trunk marked "DVD NAVIGATION", its pretty hard to miss. The cover pulls back and off and the drive is behind it, it ejects like any DVD player.

www.lexus-parts.com

I too am interested in a Nav update for my car. The website www.lexus-parts.com is no longer valid. Anyone else have a suggestion of where I can get an upgrade? My current is V. 4.2. Thanks.

i have th eOEM versionn of Gen4 ver 7..1 let me know if anyone interested. i can sell that for $75/- + shipping. PM : sheis786 at yahoo .com

Yip.. I've got the original ES 300 - 2002 Nav CD. I find that its way out of date and would like to upgrade. Please forward me the info. Thanks

i have th eOEM versionn of Gen4 ver 7..1 let me know if anyone interested. i can sell that for $75/- + shipping. PM : sheis786 at yahoo .com

I am interested in buying that if you still have it.

Please email me at: DavidF@san.rr.com if still available.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2005 Es 330 need a gen4 7.1 as well, my email address is kevinsaintemarie@mofobo.net any answers at all would be greatly appreciated! thanks!