"d" Indicator In Cluster Blown?

Boxbrownie

A quick question for you Lenore....on that site you provided the link for, the picture of the LCD display there looks very bright.....especially for daylight viewing it appears to be in sunlight......is the level of brightness of that screen correct, or maybe been "played with" in photoshop? Because the RX300 I am about to buy has an LCD screen that comes nowhere near that brightness!!!

Best regards David

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased the "D" light from Kuni lexus, Co it list for $11.00 and with a club discount it was $8.80. The part number has been revised, which means they either improved it or changed the MFG source? Time with determine the change, as they did not know?? It was #83119246710, as identified in this how-to reference site, and is now 83119-24670. They knew exactly what I needed without looking up the number - they should have gave me it! I may have left there a satisfied customer and considered a new parts car!

mark.blend

A little feed from the "D" lite installation. The instructions explained here are easy for removal. I should note that if the operator is careful not the scratch the cluster or pull the hardness -that it may be positioned upright between the steering wheel and the bad "D" green socket removed and replaced without taking the (3) hardness connectors off or the center cover(8 screws?). The 2nd position is green for the "D" light and number 1&3 are black (L 2 D respectively). I would pre-fit a Phillips screw driver to the new "D" at the bench to ensure proper fit at the cluster. Assembly, as described, is equally as easy. I spend 15 minutes playing/figuring the holes vs. light position. I'm still not sure why the 2nd position = D Green, but is correct!

keep the board alive!

mark.blend