Newest Interior Mod, Now, Should I Leave It, Or Woodgrain It?

pnyboy27

7 members have voted

1. 1. What finish should I do for my center console?

• Leave it black
    • Woodgrain Option 1
    • Woodgrain Option 2
    • Woodgrain Option 3

i just installed a carpc in my car. im pretty much done with it. just about 95% finished. so now i got a question to ask...should i leave it black? or should i put woodgrain vinyl on top of it?

1. Leave it black:

100_5162.jpg

2. Woodgrain 1:

85e5pwg.jpg

3. Woodgrain 2:

80py8fd.jpg

4. Woodgrain 3:

6o40dag.jpg

If the woodgrain is a close match for the rest of the car's trim, I'd go with option 3. It is enough but not too much as option one looks overdone to me. Hopefully these trim items won't rattle and squeak. However, beauty is in the eye of the...owner.

i just installed a carpc in my car. im pretty much done with it. just about 95% finished. so now i got a question to ask...should i leave it black? or should i put woodgrain vinyl on top of it?

1. Leave it black:

2. Woodgrain 1:

3. Woodgrain 2:

4. Woodgrain 3:

I love the way you installed your PC monitor up high and the climate control low...how did you make the trim for that? I have an Alpine IVA-W200 touchscreen headunit (about the same size as your monitor) that I'd love to raise up so my kids can watch DVDs from the back seats without the dildomatic blocking some of their view. Do you have a template for the trim?

BTW, I like the simple, clean look of the black, but woodgrain #3 would be my choice if your leaning towards the woodgrain look.

I love the way you installed your PC monitor up high and the climate control low...how did you make the trim for that? I have an Alpine IVA-W200 touchscreen headunit (about the same size as your monitor) that I'd love to raise up so my kids can watch DVDs from the back seats without the dildomatic blocking some of their view. Do you have a template for the trim?

BTW, I like the simple, clean look of the black, but woodgrain #3 would be my choice if your leaning towards the woodgrain look.

thanks! what i did was pretty much take apart the screen to use as the face of it. then i molded the whole thing around it. made a few cuts here and there with bondo to smoothen it, and badabing-badaboom! haha..but yea..heres a link to the process of my build if you want to check it out. there was a whole bunch of custom fabrication, as for moving your screen up..i think it should be possible. it may be a little difficult..but definitely possible

How about black with the bezel back to the original stock color?

yea..about that...doing the bezel back to the oem brown and the center black would be nice...if the climate control unit wasnt molded in with the bezel. it would look funny if it were just painted a different color with that paint line down there