New Lexus Hybrid For 2010

From the NYT: "Toyota said it planned to develop a new hybrid-electric car specifically for its Lexus division as well as another new hybrid for the Toyota brand. It said it would unveil both at the 2009 Detroit show. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/14/business...ref=automobiles

Anyone else have any more info?

No small accident, about 12 paragraphs down, that the ny times calls out the big 3 auto, miss-ordered ~ GM., Toyota and FoMoCo, when in fact, world wide, Toyota has passed GM for the number ONE spot as auto manufacturing king. Could it be GM's advertising with the NY times that caused this re-ordering? Naaahhh. :P

From the NYT: "Toyota said it planned to develop a new hybrid-electric car specifically for its Lexus division as well as another new hybrid for the Toyota brand. It said it would unveil both at the 2009 Detroit show. "

No small accident, about 12 paragraphs down, that the ny times calls out the big 3 auto, miss-ordered ~ GM., Toyota and FoMoCo, when in fact, world wide, Toyota has passed GM for the number ONE spot as auto manufacturing king. Could it be GM's advertising with the NY times that caused this re-ordering? Naaahhh. :P

I wouldn't subscribe to the New York Times if it was the only source of bird cage liner in the nation.

Tom

I agree that it seemed like the NYT article was hastily written, however the direct quotes from the Toyota CEO about new battery advances, plug-in capability and the commitment to make new models of hybrids are good news, even if you dont like the NYT.

I wouldn't subscribe to the New York Times if it was the only source of bird cage liner in the nation.

Tom

Tell me you're a WSJ subscriber...

I like thinking of the WSF (only) as a bird card liner.

Tom

there is a General Discussions forum if you'd like to post information that is completely off topic. People reading this thread have clicked on it b/c they want to read and share information about a new Lexus hybrid. If you don't have anything useful to contribute, please don't waste other people's time with off topic posts.

Back on topic:

here is some more info re a new Lexus hybrid from: http://www.reuters.cz/article/idUST33122520070629

TOKYO (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp. is planning to launch in 2009 the first dedicated hybrid model for its Lexus luxury line, Automotive News reported on its Web site.

Citing Lexus UK Director Steve Settle, the industry journal said the model was expected to be priced between the 30,000 euro ($40,310) IS sedan and the 51,000 euro ($68,520) RX400h hybrid sport utility vehicle, making it the cheapest hybrid under the Lexus brand, it said.