Hats Off To Chevy

nc211

Hats off to the boys at Chevy for winning the car of the year award on the new Malibu! I'm smelling a comeback in the works.......

I'll tell you another good-looking little domestic sedan to check out if you're interested - the 2007/2008 Chrysler Sebring. My daughter and her husband found a very nice one with about 6,000 miles on it in early December for only $14,000 and decided to get it as her back-and-forth-to-work car. The 2.4-litre I-4 really delivers decent power and this little puppy is averaging over 30 mpg. I've spent just a few minutes under the hood thus far and I really like the layout. This thing is going to be a breeze to work on (which is rare to say about new vehicles these days). The engine is Japanese (Mitsubishi I think) with NGK plugs - first time I've encountered that in a Chrysler product. It's really a lot of car for the money....

Hats off to the boys at Chevy for winning the car of the year award on the new Malibu! I'm smelling a comeback in the works.......

Agreed nc......it's about time the General brought some pretty decent products to market. :) Keep it up GM!

:cheers:

You gotta give it to GM AND Chrysler for finally getting off their dead ars'es. Putting quality on the back burner for such a long time has really killed their credability. At least the die-hard Chrysler & GM'rs have noticed the quality improvements on some of the models. Lots of other folks are still P/O'd though, after buying junk. I still remember when my nearly brand new 72 Vega blew up. Just over 12K miles. The dealer (indignant look and all), in a not so kind manner told me to move on. That was the first of several POS's that I bought before I looked outside of what was referred to as the "big 3". Sure, all manufacturers make lemons now and then (that's why lemon laws had to come into existence). Some manufacturers make more than others. Many manufacturers have more models than not, that still need improving. It's too bad another manufacturer has to come along with a string of great quality, before other manufacturers finally get shamed into getting on the bandwagon. It's easier to maintain a good reputation, that overcome a bad one. Now manufacturers are going to be 'shamed' into making super clean / high MPG cars, as gas quickly approaches $5 a gallon and beyond. I hope they hussle, and put it into overdrive . . . oh wait ! synergy drive HAS no gears :P

:cheers: I especailly like the new Buicks and Caddys that they are coming out with! The new Malibu is a really great looking, exciting new car too (It should sell really well!), if only I could fit in it! :whistles:

Blake, have you seen a new Caddy CTS? Makes me wonder why anyone would buy an STS...
Oh yes, and aren't they beautiful little cars!! The first gen CTS's exterior was awful to me, but they really knocked it out the park this time! I wonder how small the interior is though? I can actually fit in to the STS pretty well even though it's hard to get in to.

A co worker bought a mailbu yesterday , his family all have GM vehicles (and AAA).

His car even has remote start , it works well , so well you walk far enough to the car to get in range you might as well start it by the key.

The front windows are tiny that one might have a hard time climbing out for a dukes of hazard move. But the best piece of design work in true GM fashion ( drum roll please) the front door open only far enough that you have to turn sideways to get in. I know this sounds like i am exaggerating but try one on if you can get in.

How hard would have been to design a proper hinge to actually open a door ?

Maybe the hinges on his car are defective because I didn't have any trouble getting in to the Malibu that I sat in--seemed like a regular old door to me. Also, the remote start should work from pretty far away. I've used (and LOVED) the feature in a rental Impala, and I had no problem firing the car up from inside the hotel room which was quite a distance away.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll tell you another good-looking little domestic sedan to check out if you're interested - the 2007/2008 Chrysler Sebring. My daughter and her husband found a very nice one with about 6,000 miles on it in early December for only $14,000 and decided to get it as her back-and-forth-to-work car. The 2.4-litre I-4 really delivers decent power and this little puppy is averaging over 30 mpg. I've spent just a few minutes under the hood thus far and I really like the layout. This thing is going to be a breeze to work on (which is rare to say about new vehicles these days). The engine is Japanese (Mitsubishi I think) with NGK plugs - first time I've encountered that in a Chrysler product. It's really a lot of car for the money....
I just read about the Avenger in the latest issue of Car and Driver, and the last sentence of the second to last paragraph is quite noteworthy, "And our 22,000 mile test car was not only the least expensive in this group-by a wide margin-but also more rattle-free than the Camry." They said the 4cyl engine made a lot of strange noises, but they loved the fuel economy. Wikipedia says that the 2.4 is a "world engine" developed by DC, Mitsubishi, and Hyundai, and some of them are built Michigan-the rest in S Korea and Japan.