Stick Or Auto

sweetsucess

Hey All,

I have been shopping around for an IS300. I drive a 99 Camaro Z28 6speed at the moment.

I want to know... should I search and wait to find a stick or is an auto ok? Does it really affect enjoyment? Or can you still get all the fun out of an auto?

I figured this is the best place to find out. Please help out and weigh in!!!

Thanks!

Ah yes, the ever long debate . Manual vs. Auto. I guess it depends on you and what you want to do with the car. auto is great for everyday driving and has a manual switch to e shift. So it's kinda like manual. If you wanna put some big hp numbers down, then auto will hold more hp, but manual is fun and offers more control.

I say get the auto.

I agree. Unless you're a person who just loves to shift gears, get the auto.

Even better for something fast, get the IS350.:cheers:

UUmmm, your lucky I like you... :)

i wouldn't trade my manual for the world!!!!! i absolutely love it!!!! it makes play time fun!!! my friend here has an auto w/ similar mods.... and mine is way funner to drive....and i can ACTUALLY use my first gear!!!!!!!! you guys are in denial saying autos are more fun..... just my 2 cents.... i've driven both and as far as fun goes.... the manual wins

Ok, sweetsuccess, are you a " buy it and drive it " person, or "make it your own" enthusiast?

I am more of a "make your own" but still keep it daily driveable, does that make sense?!

Thanks for the help on this.... it sucks that the IS300 is so hard to find around here anyways, much less a manual.

Ugg!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I would get auto, cause Im tired of switching gears and just want to relax and cruise. Im in the process paying off my 2001 Subaru Impreza still own $1,230 and im going to sell it! and I already found so many IS300's I cant wait! Its gonna be my 3rd that I will own and it has to be WHITE!!! :) I just want to get 18's lower 1inch tint the windows paint the headlights and taillights housing black get Oracle 6000k Halo rings for front and rear tails get a lip, nice sound system, intake, strut bars and Axel Back Greddy Evo2 and im set! :) Oh and which year IS comes with Xenon lights?