2900 For Platinum Warranty?

mannye

I was looking into the "PLatinum PLan" and the sales lady quoted me 2900 for the 7 year - 100K mile plan. I figure that will take me 3 years out and another 50K miles of peace of mind (I have an 04 LS that just came up on 48K miles).

Have you guys paid more, less? Am I getting shafted? Is it a good deal? These are the questions burning in my mind! :chairshot:

I'm wondering if the warranty is even needed. These cars are pretty solid and if everything's been checked out, I'd save the 2900 for anything that might come up instead.

I was looking into the "PLatinum PLan" and the sales lady quoted me 2900 for the 7 year - 100K mile plan. I figure that will take me 3 years out and another 50K miles of peace of mind (I have an 04 LS that just came up on 48K miles).

Have you guys paid more, less? Am I getting shafted? Is it a good deal? These are the questions burning in my mind! :chairshot:

Ouch!

In November, I purchased the seven year, 100,000 mile platinum warranty on my 2004 Toyota Sequoia for $990.00. The list price on the Toyota website, as I recall, was about $1,800. I purchased it from a Toyota dealership in Massachusetts who offers the warranties through his posts on the Tundrasolutions forum. I don't know if he offers discounted warranties on Lexus vehicles.

There is no way I would pay $2,900 for a warranty on a Lexus.

Ouch!

In November, I purchased the seven year, 100,000 mile platinum warranty on my 2004 Toyota Sequoia for $990.00. The list price on the Toyota website, as I recall, was about $1,800. I purchased it from a Toyota dealership in Massachusetts who offers the warranties through his posts on the Tundrasolutions forum. I don't know if he offers discounted warranties on Lexus vehicles.

I would question the need for a warranty. These cars are about bullet proof and you have a low mielage car to start with. Properly maintained you shouldn't have any major issues before 100,000 miles. Keep in mind that you are paying as much as 70-80% of the cost to the sales guy as profit which leaves only a few hundred bucks for any potential claims costs. I agree with theearlier post that if you really don't have the confidence in the car, put the money in savings and use it as needed. I would bet that by the time the 100,000 rolls around you will have $2900 plus interest!!

Ouch!

I would question the need for a warranty. These cars are about bullet proof and you have a low mielage car to start with. Properly maintained you shouldn't have any major issues before 100,000 miles. Keep in mind that you are paying as much as 70-80% of the cost to the sales guy as profit which leaves only a few hundred bucks for any potential claims costs. I agree with theearlier post that if you really don't have the confidence in the car, put the money in savings and use it as needed. I would bet that by the time the 100,000 rolls around you will have $2900 plus interest!!

thanks for the input guys!

Actually, I thinkI'm going to get the warranty, but not from these local yahoos. I found a guy who's offering very reasonable prices. it seems I will find out son enough.

Troy Dietrich of Toyota of Greenfield apparently offers both Toyota and Lexus Platinum Extra Care extended warranties at huge discounts. Just Google "Lexus Platinum Extra Care" and his name pops up all over the place. I'm going to e-mail him tomorrow and I'll post the results!