Blown Speaker

Bede

I added a Sirius radio which requires the volume to be turned way up in order to hear it. When switching to a CD, the volume was so high it blew (rattles) one of the subwoofers.

I'm trying to find out how to remove the speaker cover and replace the speaker.

It seems that the cover can be taken off by prying the cloth covering, but I'm not sure.

Any advice or do it your self references available?

I have a 2003 SC 430, and the speaker that's blown is the one in the drivers door (bottom).

Thanks,

Bede

I added a Sirius radio which requires the volume to be turned way up in order to hear it. When switching to a CD, the volume was so high it blew (rattles) one of the subwoofers.

It seems that the cover can be taken off by prying the cloth covering, but I'm not sure.

I have a 2003 SC 430, and the speaker that's blown is the one in the drivers door (bottom).

Thanks,

Bede

Thanks,

Bede

You will have to remove the entire door panel as the speaker cover cannot be removed. Both my 6x9 ML subs blew in my SC430. I ordered them from Sewell Lexus for approx $170 a piece as the local dealer (Northside Lexus) in Houston wanted ~$800 to purchase and install the two speakers. Lexus refused to replace the speakers even though they know they have a reoccurring problem with these 6x9 subs. I guess since it's not life threatening they refuse to stand behind their product.

Thanks,

Bede

You will have to remove the entire door panel as the speaker cover cannot be removed. Both my 6x9 ML subs blew in my SC430. I ordered them from Sewell Lexus for approx $170 a piece as the local dealer (Northside Lexus) in Houston wanted ~$800 to purchase and install the two speakers. Lexus refused to replace the speakers even though they know they have a reoccurring problem with these 6x9 subs. I guess since it's not life threatening they refuse to stand behind their product.

Thanks. I was guessing that's what I had to do.