Just Purchased My First Lexus!

elkcountry

Hello Club,

I just purchased my first Lexus and wanted to join this club to learn as much about my car as I can.

Car

2002 Lexus LS430

41,600 miles verified via Carfax (clean history 2 owners)

exterior/White

Interior/Tan Leather (not Ivory so I guess Ecru?) with (Medium woodgrain?)

Navigation

Mark Levenson

Power Sunroof

Lexus Link (does not work now due to analog?)

Heated Seats front (front seats extend on bottom great since I am 6'3")

Heated Seats Rear

Sport Suspension

Has 17" Lexus soke wheels (not sure if correct size or not) I have read that most sport suspension's have 18"?

Car is mechanically perfect!

Owner or Owners? did not know how to keep their dirty hands off the seatbelts and the headliner?

Owner or Owners did not know how to parallel park wheels have some curb damage? (Looking for OEM wheels!!!) Let me know if you have any for sale!

Exterior sheet metal is perfect

Front bumper has one scratch (very small)

Rear bumper has two small scratches (looks like screw holes from someone elses front license plate holder) very low speed bump?

Drives like a champ!

I live in NC and we just made a road trip to go get the car!

Drove 333 miles to Va to get the car. The 333 mile ride home was spectacular! Most comfortable ride ever! Very powerful engine and smooth transmission!

Amazed that the car got over 28MPG on the way home! Filled up in Va and drove home 333 miles still have 1/2 tank of gas! Is this normal?

I think I got a great deal, but I am a little funny about my finances so I will not say exactley how much I paid.

If anyone cares to guess I will reply with high or low!

Elk!

If you are happy with the car, it doesn't matter how much you paid. You're not obligated to share that with anyone.

Congrats on the purchase - they are simply the best car out there. My father-in-law (age 80 ) just bought his first Lexus, bringing the total in our extended family to three. It's never to late to buy a Lexus!

Congrats! I just bought my second Lexus a few weeks ago (97 LS Coach) I LOVE IT! Once you drive a Lexus you will notice bumps in EVERYONE elses cars, and NEVER want to drive anything else! B) enjoy!

Congrats on your recent purchase of an LS. Now you know what you've been missing. Like most of the rest of us, you'll never want to have another car other than the LS! Lexus hit a home run with these cars and I don't think there's any other car that can match the LS.

Hello Club,

I just purchased my first Lexus and wanted to join this club to learn as much about my car as I can.

Car

2002 Lexus LS430

exterior/White

Navigation

Mark Levenson

Power Sunroof

Heated Seats Rear

Sport Suspension

Has 17" Lexus soke wheels (not sure if correct size or not) I have read that most sport suspension's have 18"?

Owner or Owners? did not know how to keep their dirty hands off the seatbelts and the headliner?

Owner or Owners did not know how to parallel park wheels have some curb damage? (Looking for OEM wheels!!!) Let me know if you have any for sale!

Rear bumper has two small scratches (looks like screw holes from someone elses front license plate holder) very low speed bump?

Drives like a champ!

Drove 333 miles to Va to get the car. The 333 mile ride home was spectacular! Most comfortable ride ever! Very powerful engine and smooth transmission!

Amazed that the car got over 28MPG on the way home! Filled up in Va and drove home 333 miles still have 1/2 tank of gas! Is this normal?

I think I got a great deal, but I am a little funny about my finances so I will not say exactley how much I paid.

Elk!

Congrats on your recent purchase of an LS. I'm 6'5" so I know a little about fitting inside cars. The LS is big even on me. I love my LS, best car I ever bought. From here on out, I'll have nothing but a Lexus.

Thanks for the replys I cleaned out my garage tonight just so I could pull in and have nothing fall and hit my "new" car. I just played with all of the buttons and noticed that the seats go WAY back. I moved the driver seat all the way back and could not even reach the pedals. I guess Shaq could drive one of these in comfort!

I am loooking for some OEM 17" wheels that are new condition and some new floor mats any help would be great!

I'm on my first Lexus, a fifteen year old LS400 and what a car. Runs and drives like a new one. All my mates are amazed by it. It's unmarked and not done 100k yet so there's plenty left in her, touch wood. Best thing for me is the room inside. All my previous cars have needed special seat alterations to get the headroom for me but not the LS. Glad you are happy with yours, but who wouldn't be.

Hello Club,

Car

2002 Lexus LS430

exterior/White

Navigation

Mark Levenson

Power Sunroof

Heated Seats Rear

Sport Suspension

Drives like a champ!

Elk!

28 MPG is not unusual on the highway. I had a 1998 LS400 that actually averaged almost 31 MPG on a 4000 mile trip from Texas up through Denver to Montana to Oregon to California and back! My 2004 LS430 did around 28 to 29 on the same trip last year.

Vern

Congrats on your new car!! :cheers: If I had to guess the price, I'd guess somewhere around $22k (maybe a little lower since there must be something special about the car to prompt you to drive almost 350 miles to go get it.) which is what they are going for on eBay.

I just played with all of the buttons and noticed that the seats go WAY back. I moved the driver seat all the way back and could not even reach the pedals. I guess Shaq could drive one of these in comfort!
You must have a lot of your height in your torso because I am only 1" taller than you, but I can easily reach the 430's pedals with the seat slid all the way back the few times I've driven them. They are wonderful cars, but it just kills me that Lexus refuses to let the seats slide back further when there is ample room to do so.

Congrats Elk, it doesn't matter how much u paid.....but u r happy with your 430. I just got my LS400 and I am thrilled. My next car will definitely be a 430. These cars are arguably the best wheels one can buy. A used one is kind of like buying a new one....for much less. Happy motoring and all the best.

Nas