18" Rim/tire Combination For Stock Gs300

Hey folks, I want to put some 18" rims and tires on my stock 1998 GS300. Any pointers on sizes for a stock GS (no lowering) that will be a nice look (wide, but not too wide), yet have no rubbing problems ? Also, offsets ? What is with the offsets ? Thanks for any help out there. Doug.

i have 98 Gs300 also but if you considering putting on 18in wheel you have to drop your car for sure. I had on my car 18in chromed rims,eibach and L tuned shocks. I think i still want bigger rims on it. 245/40/18 should be good or even wider if you have wider rims, i meant 8.5 or wider rims. Post the pic of your car. Let me know if you interesting in 18in chrome i might sell mine lolz.

I have 18" Racing Hart C5's

Front is 235/40/18 and rears are 265/35/18.

I have dropped mine with Apexi World Sport coilovers. :lol:

As you can see, there are many possibilities.

You also need to consider the road condition (many pot holes + bigger rims means easily damaged rims :( ), if you want comfort/ride or sporty, budget, ...

Lolz It make it sound like i am gonna start selling stuff on forums haha. Let me know what you guy wanna know about ride and springs. I just recently put new mufflers and intake with exhaust mainfold cover. Here is my email if you guy wanna contact me XxSpeedyVlllxX@juno.com. More modz coming on the way :D

Lolz It make it sound like i am gonna start selling stuff on forums haha. Let me know what you guy wanna know about ride and springs. I just recently put new mufflers and intake with exhaust mainfold cover. Here is my email if you guy wanna contact me XxSpeedyVlllxX@juno.com. More modz coming on the way :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey KVA, is it a secret or what ? Can you share some rim info with me.

They look great and I'm wonder what they, how wide and what offset ?

Anything would help and be appreciated. Thanks, LuckenGS

Those are 18" Gewalt Reverse 3pc Rims. I will let KVA chime in about size and offset.

I believe his suspension is Bilstein Shock and Eibach Pro Kit.

Hope this helps.

KVA, your ride looks nice.. But IMO the GS is much too big for 18" rims.. The car just over powers the rims and they look as if they could be a stock size.. To each their own.. I'd say go with 19's with a fat-setup, which would be like 245/40/19 and 285/35/19... On my GS I rolling around on Toyo T1-S's 255/35/20's up front and 285/30/20's in the rear...

I've got 18x8.5 momo arrows left from my 99 maxima, so I'm thinking of sending them for chrome polish & putting them on my GS by spring..will post pics as soon as...

Here I'll save you time and maybe some money if you were planing to have someone put them on for you.. Those rims off your Max won't work with the GS.. Sell them and get rims for a rear wheel drive car...

Sorry - Haven't been back here in a while... been over at CL B)

As NEO stated...they are 18" Gewalt Reverse 3pc. rims all on Sumitomo HTRZII 245/40/18's. Offhand I don't remember the offset...probably like 44? or so...also it is a staggered setup...w/ 8 in the front and 9 in the back.

Also, I don't believe they make these rims anymore...so you may want to look at some Work or Volk for comparable styles.

I agree that the GS can look too big for an 18" rim, but it really depends on where you are driving, what are the conditions of the roads, etc... If I could go back and do it again I would go with 19" rims.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the wheels on the UK Sport Model. They are 18x8 in front and 18x10 in rear. More of a race look than a street look to me (which is good). Several 8-10 spoke models look like these in the US. Hope it gives ideas. Post whatever you get in the garage!

post-1-1075950130.jpg

GSspeed-

I have looked into getting the UK sport wheels and they can be ordered in the UK, but then you have to get the VAT tax refunded and then shipped here to a local Lexus Dealer. =headache! There is a thread on it in the UK LOC forum. Apparantly they were unavailable in 18 x 10 in the rear fitment for a while, but are back avaialable in the UK. I gave the local dealer the part number from the UK but they couldn't do anything with it. Here are the numbers if you want to take a run at it. PZ439-50670 Front and AM28781 Rear. Maybe we can work a deal with a UK dealer if we order two sets? Let me know if interested.

I have seen a few that look similar in US, but trying to get the wider rear fitment is not easy so far. Look at OZ and Enkei. Sometimes they are big $$$. I am leaning toward a simpler race look bronze wheel that is lighter weight (to reduce unsprung weigth). I like 5Zigen FN01R-C and REV. Please keep in touch on wheels, as I am really interested in upgrading from my factory 16s. Here is another wheel I like attached.

-BRAKATK

post-1-1076091205.jpg