92 Sc400 Stereo Questions

sc4sooner

i have recently acquired a 92 sc400 with the nacamichi stereo and i love the car, only issues are that the antenna does not go up or down, the cd changer skips (so far have only used burned cd's i dont know if it will skip for real cd's), and the rear speakers were blown (which i replaced with infinity 6.5's)

i cant find anything about the stereo so any information will help, but the main thing im trying to find out is, is it my cd changer or all the old ones that just cant seem to play burned cd's well and what if any other models and years can i just replace mine with without having to modify anything?

once again any info would be greatly appreciated

thank you

i have recently acquired a 92 sc400 with the nacamichi stereo and i love the car, only issues are that the antenna does not go up or down, the cd changer skips (so far have only used burned cd's i dont know if it will skip for real cd's), and the rear speakers were blown (which i replaced with infinity 6.5's)

i cant find anything about the stereo so any information will help, but the main thing im trying to find out is, is it my cd changer or all the old ones that just cant seem to play burned cd's well and what if any other models and years can i just replace mine with without having to modify anything?

once again any info would be greatly appreciated

thank you

Run a cleaning cd several times, The mast is broke (do you hear the motor run?) Or it is unplugged or loose. :cheers:

i have run a cleaning cd a few times with no result. as far as the antenna the mast is intact i can fully extend it by hand but i havent listened for the motor to see if it is out, i need to do that and pull out the trunk lining to check the connection