Ohhh Didn´t Work ...........

gunni

When you replaced the MAF, did you also replace the IAT sensor? The IAT sensor is mounted on the mass air flow meter. Maybe that is your issue. The IAT is also connected to the ECM. I'll bet you have a short circuit in your IAT.
I found the test specs for the MAF. Attached here. I'm still digging for the IAT. The CD I have isn't indexed.

Sorry the two are duplicates but it should work.

Hi Guys..

I am wondering if you know what color of the wireing to the MAF connec. is for the IAT. (see picture)

Also Smooth1; If I replace the MAF (as i did) isn´t the IAT new as well its in the same unit or ??? (see picture)

post-59775-1201188306_thumb.jpg

post-59775-1201188372_thumb.jpg

post-59775-1201188409_thumb.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, before we go into the IAT sensor and MAF issues, try this,,,

put the MAF back together. and make sure everything is connected. Then disconnect the negative battery terminal. Get in the car and press the brake pedal all the way down 10 times. Then wait 10 minutes and press the brake pedal 10 times again. Then reconnect the negative battery terminal and start the car. Tell me what happens after that.

Alright, before we go into the IAT sensor and MAF issues, try this,,,

put the MAF back together. and make sure everything is connected. Then disconnect the negative battery terminal. Get in the car and press the brake pedal all the way down 10 times. Then wait 10 minutes and press the brake pedal 10 times again. Then reconnect the negative battery terminal and start the car. Tell me what happens after that.

OK I will try this....But what wil this DO ?????

Then you have a bad IAT sensor and it needs to be replaced. It's mounted on the MAF. I know you said you got a new on, but it must be bad or defective. I think you need a new MAF and IAT sensor. (I'm not sure they are sold as one unit or seperately.) Or you have a short somewhere in the wireing. The IAT sensor reads the intake air temp.If it's reading that it's super hot then it's retarding the timing and changing the air fuel ratio which is why the car is running bad. If there is a way for you to test the IAT, I can send you the file on how to do it, so you can isolate wether it's the sensor or the wiring/connections.

Then you have a bad IAT sensor and it needs to be replaced. It's mounted on the MAF. I know you said you got a new on, but it must be bad or defective. I think you need a new MAF and IAT sensor. (I'm not sure they are sold as one unit or seperately.) Or you have a short somewhere in the wireing. The IAT sensor reads the intake air temp.If it's reading that it's super hot then it's retarding the timing and changing the air fuel ratio which is why the car is running bad. If there is a way for you to test the IAT, I can send you the file on how to do it, so you can isolate wether it's the sensor or the wiring/connections.

If you can send me the instructions it would be great :)

If you can post it here or my email...wich ever is better for you,

My email : hrabbagas@simnet.is