Ohhh Didn´t Work ...........

gunni

Hello everyone...I had a previous post here about OEM air intake..I had a CAI and then bought the OEM and put it in to see if that would fix the problem with my IS. It runs and then kills the engine for no reason. The MAF is new and also the o2 sensors. When i was putting in the OEM intake I saw some hoses it looked like some vacum hoses connected to the MOTOR and to nothing so i am wondering if you know if those should be attached to something or if you know where i can find some diagrams or part pictures for the IS.

Please let know

Thanks

Gunnar

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One hose attaches under the airbox with the other end going to the pipe that connects to the charcoal canister.

The other hose attaches to the intake and the other end to a fitting near the throttle body. This fitting is on top of the valve cover I believe.

One hose attaches under the airbox with the other end going to the pipe that connects to the charcoal canister.

The other hose attaches to the intake and the other end to a fitting near the throttle body. This fitting is on top of the valve cover I believe.

The hoses were on both sides of the Motor does that fit the solution above ??

If your talking about the 2 metal hose connections that go to nothing just in front of the valve cover, those are for turbo applications and do nothing for the 2JZGE in NA mode.

Its various....sometimes its good when i reset the ECU for mabye 30 minutes and sometimes shorter...I have unplugged the MAF plug and then when i am starting the car I have to start twice. because 1 start dont work. and after the 2nd one its good, its drivable but only up to 3000rpm then its kicks back, so i can rev it up to more than 3000.

Its a total of 3 hoses

The hoses were on both sides of the Motor does that fit the solution above ??

They're both on the passenger side of the motor as I remember. Do you have hoses or fitting on the bottom of the airbox? Are these the two hoses to which you refer?

There was a guy who put on a SRT intake and he couldn't figure out where to put one of the hoses so he plugged it. His car ran like crap till we told him where to hook up the hose. So I gotta say the car won't run right till you get them right.

Does a cel come up? I would try and hook up a wide band and see what your AF looks like. For some reason I don't think it's your intake, But get your vacuume hoses on right first. I really think you might have another issue, like a lean condition or something that is throwing the car into limp mode and preventing it from running. Do you have access to an ODBII scanner with data logging and freeze frame? I would plug that in, along with an AF sensor and do some logging. You might have a bad fuel injector, or a fuel injector leak, or maybe your throttle body is stuck closed or something.

I dug out these PDF's. Find the PCV valve. The hose from that should go to the hose fitting on the round intake tube.

The other hose actually comes out of the firewall on the drivers side and crosses over to the right side of the engine. That hose has to go on the fitting that sticks out at the very bottom of the air filter box.

insp.pdf

draw.pdf

comp.pdf

I am going to try figure out the Hose thing and hook it up.

MR Bartkat thank you very much for the trouble finding the information for me I really appreciate that..Thanks

I belive the Error Code was 110 even with the OEM Intake...But that might be hose related.

Will keep you all informed..

I saw in the manual that I am to look at page DI-29 for the 110 error code does anyone know where I can get that ?

Hi guys I have a update on the situation...I tried to follow the CIP0110.pdf so I plugged in a ODBII scanner and did some readouts....I had the MAF connected and the IAT temp was 140°c so I plugged him out and still got the IAT 140°C reading after that I disconected the E6 (I think also) connector in the ECU and check the reading still 140°C on the IAT....

Got some of the info here

Frezze data :

Trouble code P0110

Engine RPM 1182

Calc load 23,5 %

Coolant 52°C

IAT 140°C

LTFTRM1 0.0%

STFTRM1 -13,3%

LTFTRM2 0.0%

STFTRM2 -13,3%

SPEED 0 KPH

FUEL SYS1 CLSD

FUEL SYS2 CLSD

ALso when reading the code..it gave me P0110 MOD $10 IAT sensor circuit MALF.

I have attached some pics to show you the hoses I am not familiar with, also of the ECU and the one I disconected. And some other for additional Info..

Please let me know if you can diagnose the above and tell me what you think I should do..

post-59775-1200277315_thumb.jpg

post-59775-1200277354_thumb.jpg

post-59775-1200277404_thumb.jpg

post-59775-1200277433_thumb.jpg

post-59775-1200277467_thumb.jpg

post-59775-1200277530_thumb.jpg

post-59775-1200277544_thumb.jpg

post-59775-1200277584_thumb.jpg

post-59775-1200277628_thumb.jpg

Counting left to right. Pics 6 and 7

Nothing should be hooked up to the two nipples left and right of the cam gear cover.

That hose, etc should be connected at the bottom front of the airbox. That's the hose that goes to the gas tank vent/charcoal canister for the EVAP system.

Last pic, that hose is hooked up correctly.

In picture seven, the one with the two arrows, nothing should be connected to those fittings. Those are for turbo applications which were the ones I was trying to tell you about before.

Your fuel trims are off as a compensation mode for the high IAT reading. So that' why the car probably won't go over 300 rpm and or dies.