Front Tire Shake Gs400 2000

Hello everyone, new to posting on the forum...I did a search on this topic of tire shake. I have read all of your posts and I will be looking into the hubcentric thing. I have added new front tires, with no significant improvement or change. I also plan on installing new drilled/slotted rotors and new pads...we'll see what happens.

However, while I am there I would like to know if anyone here has changed out the rack bushings to polyurethane ones. The stock suspension with the 17" rims and rough roads may take an early toll or offer some wear on these, so I am curious as to your responses. I bought the car with 62,000 (now at 72,000) so I don't have a history, it would be interesting to know if the tire shake was a problem with the car when the car was purchased new? :unsure:

On a separate note, has anyone installed the Intrax sway bars? Looking to level the car out just a bit more than stock around the corners...nothing too radical.

Anyways, thanks ahead of time for your responses... Peace

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone, new to posting on the forum...I did a search on this topic of tire shake. I have read all of your posts and I will be looking into the hubcentric thing. I have added new front tires, with no significant improvement or change. I also plan on installing new drilled/slotted rotors and new pads...we'll see what happens.

However, while I am there I would like to know if anyone here has changed out the rack bushings to polyurethane ones. The stock suspension with the 17" rims and rough roads may take an early toll or offer some wear on these, so I am curious as to your responses. I bought the car with 62,000 (now at 72,000) so I don't have a history, it would be interesting to know if the tire shake was a problem with the car when the car was purchased new? :unsure:

On a separate note, has anyone installed the Intrax sway bars? Looking to level the car out just a bit more than stock around the corners...nothing too radical.

go to www.clublexus.com and there is a topic on "pretensioner" pretensioner adjusting have solve the problem that you are having. before you spend more money please check it out. I did a post earlier tonight which include a link to the info. please look at my post.

Please check out this link at clublexus.com it seems to fix the problem for a lot of people. http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...wheel+tensioner

please let us know if it is any help to you.

if u read those other posts punash then you would know this isnt really a fix its more of a cover up...... u should work through all the other things 1st as you should NEVER have to modify your steering rack to fix a problem! work through the basics.......

tires,brakes,ball joints,rims, hub centric rings, etc and find out where your at first! just my $0.02 here!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

All well and good, but my car only has 40k miles. No way balljoints, bushings, ect should be worn. And the centering rings didn't do much either.

Been driving lotsa vehicles for almost 40 years now, and have NEVER encountered a prob like this. Lexus has an issue here. :angry:

do u have a 1999 with only 40k on it? yes i didn't say they didn't have a problem........i def agree they do but they not gonna fix it so its up to us to do it! it seems to ONLY b in the gs though! i have a had a sc400 and a es300 and no problems outta them like this, then got my first gs and bam there it is!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian