Oil Pan Gasket Replacement

ivrule

Hi,

I just bought a 95 ES300 and it needed the oil pan gasket replaced. You can go to a Lexus or Toyota dealership to get the gasket material (tube or glue-like material) for ~$13.00. The rest is labor.

The dealers quoted it as a 3 hr job. It looked easy to do if you are mechanically inclined as the gasket is easy to get to from underneath the car. Some of the 3 hr time is spent letting the gasket material set (dry).

Regards,

Darrell McCombs

Sounds more like oil pan gasket problem. I have the same problem.

If you take a closer look from underneath, you see the oil leaking from the oil pan gasket.

I bought the gasket and sealant last week. Need to find some time to work on it.

Don't use diy sealer to do the gasket that is a real hick way of doing things.

Buy the proper gasket from toyota for a camry it is the same ,if you think you are going to be over charged at lexus.And don't listen to people telling you to add selaer to gaskets just put a thin film of oil and yiou need to scrape off any old gasket material from it as well.

To remove the pan and reinstall is about 1 hour the most with the right toolsas you are also doing an oil change as well.

My pan in my 92 was leaking also.

All I did was take it apart, scrape off old material and apply a good amount of sealant to the proper

places. Make sure to clean the mating sides of the pan and the engine block with acetone or

something like that. ( I hope I'm not a hick for doing this ).

As for the leak from the passenger's side - it could be coming from the timing belt area leaking off

the tensioner. I had this problem. Just take off the no. 2 timing belt cover and look for where the

oil is leaking from.

I looked at the oil pan and found that I need to disconnect exhaust pipe and some kind of engine support.

Can anybody share the information on what portion of the exhaust pipe (one or two) needs to be disconnected? Any other challenging aspects such as handing gaskets for each exhaust pipe?

Thanks in advance.