Help! Just Bought This Es300!

fju2112

Just picked up my 2000 Lexus Es300 w/ 85K miles.

As soon as I pulled away from the dealership - got check engine light, trac off light, and when i plugged the code reader into the car, got code P0171.

Dealership will be looking at it Monday but in the meantime, someone please relieve my stress... :) Or help me understand what's up here!

As soon as I pulled away from the dealership - got check engine light, trac off light, and when i plugged the code reader into the car, got code P0171.

Dealership will be looking at it Monday but in the meantime, someone please relieve my stress... :) Or help me understand what's up here!

Ah man, you got a P0171 code??!!! that means catastrophic engine and transmission failure! eh, i'm just !Removed! with you, probably just a dirty MAF...

http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gen...ygen-sensor.php

oh yeah and the Trac Off light comes on just to screw with you too.

Ah man, you got a P0171 code??!!! that means catastrophic engine and transmission failure! eh, i'm just !Removed! with you, probably just a dirty MAF...

http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gen...ygen-sensor.php

oh yeah and the Trac Off light comes on just to screw with you too.

fair enough, but the dealership has to fix it...yeah i figured on the dirty MAFS, and that even worked on a VW i owned. concerned about TRAC OFF. that's not good. I know others have had that issue on here but not in conjunction w/ these codes. I will try MAFS cleaner tomorrow, but if TRAC OFF stays lit, what then?

Thanks for the quick response!

also, i have never owned a lexus so help me out here...

i plan on doing the battery just for my own peace of mind, and the fog lamps are out which are not MASS inspection-necessary. they shaved some off the price for both rear brake pads needing repalcement in 2K or so miles as well as the fog light inconvenience.

are the fogs easy to get at without a lift? and what batteries are best, in your opinion?

also on the battery, will the car need the radio code to be input if i disconnect the battery? if so, and the lexus dealership tells me they need the serial # of the radio, how do i pull the radio out? i have keys to do it on my E320, but have never worked with a Lexus head unit.

Thanks again

so many questions so little time, I believe a jack and jack stands would making changing the fog bulbs a little easier as you may have to pull back the splash gaurd slightly for easier access. As far as the battery goes the choice is yours. I've found the batteries from Costco, Sears, and even walmart to perform well in my vehicles, even the ones that are running excess accessories such as window monitoring alarms, remote starts, and audiophile sound systems. I believe that the pricey Yellow Top Optima or whatever they are called batteries are a waste of money in many cases. once again.. just my opinion. When replacing the rear pads, if you're going with OEM pads order them online and save yourself some money. try lexus-parts.com or irontoad.com... i think l-tunedparts.com also carries them. I'm not sure about the radio, however, I'm sure someone can ring in on that one. Hope this info and the bump help out a little.