Fuel Pump Relay On 1994 Ls400

Cbobalulu

I am trying to locate the Fuel Pump Relay on my 1994 LS400. I bought the relay but can not find where to replace it. I have removed the inner fender plastic coverings (no relay). I have checked the passenger side below the glove box (no relay). I have checked engine compartment (no relay except the EFI relay which is not the same as the fuel pump relay). I have checked the fuse panel below the steering wheel (no relay). I checked in the trunk around the gas tank (no relay). Where is the relay located and how do I get to it)?

Cbobalulu (sorry about the name but every name I tried was taken so I typed in Cbobalulu knowing no one would have this name just to see if I could register on the web site and of course it took the name).

Charlie

Did you check the fuse block under the hood on the passenger side.

I did not see a fuse block on the passenger side. I found an ABS relay behind the passenger sid headlight. I found an air pump and fusable link next to the shock or strut. Is the passenger side fuse block easily seen or do you have to remove a lot of components to see it. I have no problem finding the fuse block on the drivers side under the hood.

Charlie

According to the manual it is located "on the right front inner fender panel"

That's what I read also. So not seeing the relay under the hood I removed the front passenger tire then removed the plastic fender covering thinking that this might be considered the inner fender. I thought if it was located under the hood it would have said right side engine compartment and that's why I looked in the fender. I cannot find a picture of the location anywhere. I did see on the forum where someone was having fuel problems and suspected the fuel pump but was advised to replace the fuel pump relay first since it was easy to get to and replace. They said it was located on the passenger side under the dash. I looked there without success.

Charlie

there is a guy that can help u out his name is moe he has a shop in plainfield if ur around new jersey if u want any help email me mike_mike926@yahoo.com he good at fixing cars i got a 91 ls 400 lexus

This might sound like a stupid question, but if you can't find the relay, how do you know it's bad?

According to the forum when you are not getting fuel to check to fuel pump relay and the fuel pump. The relay was $44 and the fuel pump was $300 so I bought the relay to try first.

Here is something of interest .

If I have CEL fuel/air Code 25 and 26 and my car wont stay running does this mean the fuel pump is faulty? I cant hear the pump because I dont know where to find it on the gas tank inside the trunk. There is very minimal pressure through the gas lines and the fuel filter itself. I double checked bypassing my Fuel Pump ecu crossing Fp and B+ and there was no difference in trying to start. At first my engine had an erratic idle and would not accelerate then immediately would not start and run at all. I have about 9 volts running to the gas tank when the ignition switch is "on". Out of commission!

Update

It turns out that I had a faulty 02 sensor that needed replaced- this problem actually cut off my fuel supply. I found that the fuel pump is directly in the middle of the fuel tank visible only when you remove the back seat.

• 1 year later...
I am trying to locate the Fuel Pump Relay on my 1994 LS400. I bought the relay but can not find where to replace it. I have removed the inner fender plastic coverings (no relay). I have checked the passenger side below the glove box (no relay). I have checked engine compartment (no relay except the EFI relay which is not the same as the fuel pump relay). I have checked the fuse panel below the steering wheel (no relay). I checked in the trunk around the gas tank (no relay). Where is the relay located and how do I get to it)?

Cbobalulu (sorry about the name but every name I tried was taken so I typed in Cbobalulu knowing no one would have this name just to see if I could register on the web site and of course it took the name).

Charlie

if you have a car made for federal emmissions then you do not have the relay, only for cars made to california emmissions specs.

• 1 year later...