Downloading Documents

scottmcc

Hello all

I am currently downloading documents from the Techinfo.Toyota site.. My subscription runs out shortly but if anyone needs a specific document, I will see if I can find it before I get booted off..

By the way. It is not as simple as paying your $10 and downloading the service manual. You have to go into each section and download each individual PDF file. You also need to create a folder structure and filenaming convention so you will know what the PDF file is because many of them are named WO.pdf or something silly like that.. So far I have over 4 hours invested in this.. I certainly have gotten my $10 dollars worth.

Hello all

I am currently downloading documents from the Techinfo.Toyota site.. My subscription runs out shortly but if anyone needs a specific document, I will see if I can find it before I get booted off..

By the way. It is not as simple as paying your $10 and downloading the service manual. You have to go into each section and download each individual PDF file. You also need to create a folder structure and filenaming convention so you will know what the PDF file is because many of them are named WO.pdf or something silly like that.. So far I have over 4 hours invested in this.. I certainly have gotten my $10 dollars worth.

I'D LOVE ANYTHING YOU COULD GET ME ON A '98 LS400 OIL CONTROL VALVE REPLACEMENT (DIAGRAMS WOULD BE GREAT TOO). OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT HAS TO DO W/ VVT SYSTEM MALFUNCTION. YOU'D BE MY HERO IF YOU CAN GET THAT

• 2 weeks later...

It didn't use to be this way, but they recently upgraded the system for faster access to the specific information that the techs who regularly subscribe need. It sucks for us owners as it means a whole lot more filing work, but its more reliable than buying it off ebay!

Also you can use the time to preview a lot of the systems that are there, which we don't usually understand until they go wrong! My finger was very sore after getting most of the 98 info for my car, however over a 56K modem to NZ you really suffer. Broadband is best.

You can check out for free what they do have in the library, not everything is there. Click on this link;

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/...&_nfpb=true

Even though they say they don't have the maintenance schedules, I found them for the 98 year under the technicians group area.

Still the best $10 I have spent.

Hi

i have bought a used car LS430 model 2001 but could not find the manual and i have seraching for it without sucess yet.

i would be grateful if some one can dig it for me

thanks

Hello all