Low Tire Warning Light

Wow! If this is true, I am impressed! I don't know of any other vehicle that has this feature.

Well, I sure hope that it does after trying to check/add air to the spare tire recently. I blew if off after I realized that I had to drop the tire down first. It would very nice if manufacturers added extension hoses to spare tires for this purpose. For now I'll just let Lexus roadside deal with it if I have a flat and the spare is also low.

Tom

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wow! If this is true, I am impressed! I don't know of any other vehicle that has this feature.

My HiHy not only has this, but reports the actual pressure for all 5 tires. And to the OP, I had the same exact thing happen....spare tire low.

My HiHy not only has this, but reports the actual pressure for all 5 tires. And to the OP, I had the same exact thing happen....spare tire low.

Both my 96 & 98 Corvette gave the pressure readout in all tires, I a not sure about the spare in the 96 but the 98 Vette does not have a spare, Chevy got rid of the spare in 97 to cut down on weight.

The pressure light went off when I made my last trip to NY a week ago. I thought I picked up a nail but air tires read 30.5 PSI so I assumed they just lost pressure due to the colder NY temp. I added air to all four tires and the light went off and has stayed off for the past week. The spare read 50 psi and I wasn't sure if this was correct so I left it alone.

I love this car but I do have a complaint, the gosh darn think is smooth and quite (much more than my 07 RX400H I traded in) that I tend to speed. The speed limit on most of the roads between NY & SC is 70 but I wound up creeping up over 85 and it really didn't feel like I was going that fast.

The GS450H really accelerates very quickly. I was doing 70 in the left lane and I didn't see the cop cars blue lights till he was right behind me because the window was partly blocked. I nailed it to the floor so I could get out of the way to let the cop pass. The hybrid electric and the ICE kicked in together and the car flew past a car and large truck. I didn't look at the speedometer but I have no doubt I was well over 100 MPH in seconds. I didn't know who was more shocked how fast the car was, me, or the cop behind me.

• 2 weeks later...

Emim, I guess the 2006 owners are busy this week.

I would be very surprised if the 2006s did not have the same feature. One way to check might be to look below the glove compartment door for a black button. This button allows you to switch between two sets of tires (winter/summer for example) which might use two different sets of tire pressures.

Tom

Emim, I guess the 2006 owners are busy this week.

I would be very surprised if the 2006s did not have the same feature. One way to check might be to look below the glove compartment door for a black button. This button allows you to switch between two sets of tires (winter/summer for example) which might use two different sets of tire pressures.

Tom

Thanks Tom.. I looked there but did not see anything... Is it really an obvious button? Is it toward the left or right?

Hi,

I own a 2006 400h and that system is not on my car. A quick scan of the owners manual and the sales sticker reveals nothing about a TPMS. I'm pretty sure it was an add to the 2007 model year and up. Sorry!

That really stinks... especially since my 2000 Chevy came with it as a standard!!!

Emim, the button is not too obvious. It's perhaps 6" back from the bottom front of the glove box, about centered, and is black, perhaps 1/4" diameter.

Again I am surprised to learn that Lexus would added this in the second model year, and also that they did not originally include it on such an expensive car. Go figure.

It is a feature I do like. Just last week I got into my car in the garage and saw a low tire warning light. Walking around the car I found a low right front tire, something I would not have noticed otherwise. And no one is going to drop down the spare tire to check the pressure regularly, so monitoring same is quite nice.

Tom

Emim, the button is not too obvious. It's perhaps 6" back from the bottom front of the glove box, about centered, and is black, perhaps 1/4" diameter.

Again I am surprised to learn that Lexus would added this in the second model year, and also that they did not originally include it on such an expensive car. Go figure.

It is a feature I do like. Just last week I got into my car in the garage and saw a low tire warning light. Walking around the car I found a low right front tire, something I would not have noticed otherwise. And no one is going to drop down the spare tire to check the pressure regularly, so monitoring same is quite nice.

Tom

So... NO button!! Such an expensive car and I guess they forgot that it's necessary for '06!!! Thanks for the help Tom.

• 2 years later...

I have a GS450h and occasionally on colder mornings the TPMS will throw an error stating the tire pressure is low. After about 3-5 miles of driving the tires warm up and the light goes away. The change in weather can certainly cause the tires to expand/contract and thus temporarily throw a TPMS error.