This Is Ridiculous How Can Info Be So Hard To Find?

jasond86

ok so i found out i have a vvt system malfunction (error code P1349, plus codes telling me cyl 1,3,5,7 are misfiring).

i posted a question about it on this forum yesterday, thankfully someone helped me out a lil bit and told me it probably had to do w/ my oil control valve.

i've literally spent the entire day on different search engines typing in everything i can think of that might bring up some info, and frankly its just ridiculous how hard it is to find any info about it.

i found 1 pdf that someone posted a month ago on this forum which began to give directions but it constantly referenced pages with non working links, and alot about ppl having this problem and the dealer charging them lots of money and not fixing it, but no resolution to the problem.

i even started just looking to find out how much it'd cost to buy a new one hoping maybe that would give me a link to a useful site, but i cant even find a single one for sale online anywhere.

is there something about this part that someone is trying to keep secret or something? i mean seriously this is ridiculous.

any info anyone can give me about anything even slightly related to this would be very helpful. best case scenario would be a good diagram of where it is in the car, directions for how to replace it, where to find the part, or a link to the website where i can find any of those things. i have a friend who is a very qualified mechanic that is willing to help me with this but he doesnt have any of the literature on my car, or on this problem. so i am trying to find any info he can use

thanks in advance

-jason

ok so i found out i have a vvt system malfunction (error code P1349, plus codes telling me cyl 1,3,5,7 are misfiring).

i posted a question about it on this forum yesterday, thankfully someone helped me out a lil bit and told me it probably had to do w/ my oil control valve.

i've literally spent the entire day on different search engines typing in everything i can think of that might bring up some info, and frankly its just ridiculous how hard it is to find any info about it.

i found 1 pdf that someone posted a month ago on this forum which began to give directions but it constantly referenced pages with non working links, and alot about ppl having this problem and the dealer charging them lots of money and not fixing it, but no resolution to the problem.

i even started just looking to find out how much it'd cost to buy a new one hoping maybe that would give me a link to a useful site, but i cant even find a single one for sale online anywhere.

is there something about this part that someone is trying to keep secret or something? i mean seriously this is ridiculous.

any info anyone can give me about anything even slightly related to this would be very helpful. best case scenario would be a good diagram of where it is in the car, directions for how to replace it, where to find the part, or a link to the website where i can find any of those things. i have a friend who is a very qualified mechanic that is willing to help me with this but he doesnt have any of the literature on my car, or on this problem. so i am trying to find any info he can use

thanks in advance

-jason

subscribe to techinfo.toyota.com

there are lots of sites online which claim to have this info but you gotta subscribe. problem is i don't have a credit card right now so i cant subscribe to anything. i really appreciate you trying to help but basically i need to find a site w/ this info without a subscription or it does me no good. any other good ones to look at?

Can you not borrow a friend's or family member's credit card, use it to subscribe for a day, and pay them back the $10 bucks with cash? Seriously, find a card, spend about 4 or 5 hours downloading all the Pdf files from the site "make sure you organize them accordingly, like brakes, transmission, engine, etc..", and then you'll have info on every single nut, bolt, clip, torque setting, how-to, on your car from front to back, top to bottom. It's a lot of information, for which I seriously doubt someone is going to publish for free. In addition, you have a very specific problem, that sometimes takes time for someone who has had your problem, to see your thread. I understand your frustration, but realize we're not mechanics, just owners. Most of us have shared problems across the model line, but every now and then, a unique one pops up, like yours, which might take a little time for somebody to have knowledge about.

However, if you pull down that manual, you'll have the mechanics manual.

Or call the dealership, and politely ask them if they'll tell you what the code is. You'll catch a lot more flies with honey, if you know what I mean. And service guys respond very well to a cool headed, funny, laid back approach, because they're usually bitched at all day.

PS: I highly recommend you include the year of your LS in your profile, which is very helpful in decoding this stuff. Different codes were used for different series ie..89-94 / 95-97/98-00, etc... Somebody might know, but doesn't know what year you have and doesn't feel like typing it out if it's for the wrong year..

Post your email address and I can send you pages out of the Lexus RX300 manual which tell you how to troubleshoot the p1349 code. It is three pages long but very complete. I believe it is very applicable to all Lexus with WTi valve timing.

Post your email address and I can send you pages out of the Lexus RX300 manual which tell you how to troubleshoot the p1349 code. It is three pages long but very complete. I believe it is very applicable to all Lexus with WTi valve timing.

jason@droorassociates.com

and to nc211 i say thank you, you've given me a new perspective to look this situation from. i was just getting frustrated

and its a '98 by the way

jason@droorassociates.com

and to nc211 i say thank you, you've given me a new perspective to look this situation from. i was just getting frustrated

and its a '98 by the way

They are on the way, by the way print them out, they will be legible then.

Can you not borrow a friend's or family member's credit card, use it to subscribe for a day, and pay them back the $10 bucks with cash? Seriously, find a card, spend about 4 or 5 hours downloading all the Pdf files from the site "make sure you organize them accordingly, like brakes, transmission, engine, etc..", and then you'll have info on every single nut, bolt, clip, torque setting, how-to, on your car from front to back, top to bottom. It's a lot of information, for which I seriously doubt someone is going to publish for free. In addition, you have a very specific problem, that sometimes takes time for someone who has had your problem, to see your thread. I understand your frustration, but realize we're not mechanics, just owners. Most of us have shared problems across the model line, but every now and then, a unique one pops up, like yours, which might take a little time for somebody to have knowledge about.

However, if you pull down that manual, you'll have the mechanics manual.

Or call the dealership, and politely ask them if they'll tell you what the code is. You'll catch a lot more flies with honey, if you know what I mean. And service guys respond very well to a cool headed, funny, laid back approach, because they're usually bitched at all day.

PS: I highly recommend you include the year of your LS in your profile, which is very helpful in decoding this stuff. Different codes were used for different series ie..89-94 / 95-97/98-00, etc... Somebody might know, but doesn't know what year you have and doesn't feel like typing it out if it's for the wrong year..

Bravo NC211, bravo! You are a indeed wise. Good post.

hi there my name is mike from pa my brother in law has a shop in plainfeild i own a lexus ls 400 had a problem with air bag lights and other things and he took care of it he is honest and good prices he can take care of u if ur intersted ill give u his number and address u can stop by my email address is mike_mike926@yahoo.com