Es 330 Oil Filter Location?

Is the oil filter on the ES 330 in the same location as the 3rd generation ES (IE: front end of the car, but at a really dumb angle so the oil filter will empty out all over the subframe, or 'threads down' as I guess it is called)? :huh:

:cheers:

Is the oil filter on the ES 330 in the same location as the 3rd generation ES (IE: front end of the car, but at a really dumb angle so the oil filter will empty out all over the subframe)? :huh:

Don't know 'bout the 330, but, my '93 es300's filter sure is in a bad spot. (Just as you describe!) What a DUMB idea/way of mounting a filter!

I'm looking at a "TransDapt" filter relocation kit, for $50.00.

I'm thinking about putting the filter on the radiator support bracket.

The filter will be 'threads up' and air will go across the filter and help (I hope) cool the oil.

Yes the oil filter is right on the front of the engine, just below and left of the front exhaust shield. One improvement they made over the last generation was to put a small hole in the front engine mounting bracket that is just below the filter. Now the oil that runs down from the filter on removal can empty out of the mount rather than pool up in it. Yes, its a messy setup, and I stuff a lot of rags under the filter before I unwind it to minimize cleanup. If you're thorough enough its not too bad.

Yes the oil filter is right on the front of the engine, just below and left of the front exhaust shield. One improvement they made over the last generation was to put a small hole in the front engine mounting bracket that is just below the filter. Now the oil that runs down from the filter on removal can empty out of the mount rather than pool up in it. Yes, its a messy setup, and I stuff a lot of rags under the filter before I unwind it to minimize cleanup. If you're thorough enough its not too bad.

I would have figured Toyota/Lexus would have changed the filter location on the 3.3L engine......but thanks for the info! B)