Quick Question About-aftermarket Remote Start!

marlon08901

Hi......if you check my other posting you would know that I was going to install an aftermarket remotestart/alarm/keyless-system in my 90' LS 400 which I just did yesterday.....I'll be posting pictures soon! However, before I post the pictures and mark this project as "done" in my to do list. I have a quick question for those of you who have a similar system installed in your car.

Everything works with the new system------remote start--keyless entry (lock/unlock)--remote trunk opener---and all other sensors. I always thought that if you installed a system like this the factory anti-theft system would still work and only de-activate when you remotely start the car but in my car it does not work. I mean, it does not matter much to me because the new alarm works great and protects everything, but I want to make sure I did things right. I think that if I connected anything wrong things would not work right with the new alarm so I am pretty happy with the way it turned out but........COULD YOU TELL ME IF THE FACTORY ANTI-THEFT SYTEM IN YOUR CAR STILL ACTIVATES (LIGHT ON THE DASH COMES ON).......AFTER YOU HAD NEW ALARM SYSTEM/REMOTE STARTER INSTALLED IN YOUR CAR??

When you say "it does not matter much to me because the new alarm works great and protects everything" are you sure that includes imobilizing the engine?

Yes! This new system comes with a starter kill relay and I can't even turn the car on with my key when the alarm is "armed". Also, I tried unpluging the "new" alarm and then the factory anti-theft light comes on. So, I am guessing it is normal for the factory alarm to be disabled with this new system. And if someone tries to rip this system up (which would take a while because we all know it's not so easy to get into the under dash of this car) then they still have the factory anti-theft to deal with.

But, I want to double check with other members who have a remote starter/alarm system installed and see if their factoy alarms work together with their new systems or not. This is my first alarm install and I may be wrong and they are both supposed to work.....and I want to make sure.

When you say "it does not matter much to me because the new alarm works great and protects everything" are you sure that includes imobilizing the engine?

Yes! This new system comes with a starter kill relay and I can't even turn the car on with my key when the alarm is "armed". Also, I tried unpluging the "new" alarm and then the factory anti-theft light comes on. So, I am guessing it is normal for the factory alarm to be disabled with this new system. And if someone tries to rip this system up (which would take a while because we all know it's not so easy to get into the under dash of this car) then they still have the factory anti-theft to deal with.

But, I want to double check with other members who have a remote starter/alarm system installed and see if their factoy alarms work together with their new systems or not. This is my first alarm install and I may be wrong and they are both supposed to work.....and I want to make sure.

Aftermarket alarms/remote starts work just fine...you need to have a system that provides for a factory arm/disarm trigger from the main brain (I think all DEI's have this, as do most others). These triggers then tap into the car's arm/disarm wires, found in the bundle coming from the driver's door into the cabin.

Ok...after a lot of wire testing and trying different configurations I managed to figure out a way to use my "new" remotestart/alarm by itself without the factory alarm (the way I had wired the door lock/unlock originally) and I way to use both alarm systems together by unpluging and rewiring the alarm/remotestart's "lock" wire :) For more details and "PICTURES" of my first alarm install, please visit my othre TOPIC, titled "1990 Ls400 Remote Start/alarm installation " Hint: Click on my name <--to the left! click where it says member's topics...there will be 3 topics go to the one with the above tittle. Thank you for your comments and suggestions!!

UPDATE---YOU CAN JUST GO HERE:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...c=44049&hl=